• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recomend me a Module!

Kyrail

First Post
Ok, so the charecters are almost level 7, and I have been using home brewed stuff all the way so far. Im a new DM (started them at level 1, first time DMing for real) so there have been some jumbled along the way. Trailing plots, dead-points where it seems to go no where... me forgetting to plan for the game. *Anyway*. I think it's been good so far, but I wanna try running out of a module for a couple sessions.

So here's the deal. Dungeon Crawl, for sure, they have done the follow the plot, find your battle type of game so far, and I'd like to throw em some mazes and monsters. A tomb or abbadoned temple would be best, fitting in with my story.

Relgious over-tones would be great, I can adjust them for the FR gods easy enough.

Undead, very good. But less on the humanoids, they've been fighting humanoids pretty much the whole time.

Anway, they're level 7 right now, with a balanced party. Any ideas?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Kyrail said:
Ok, so the charecters are almost level 7, and I have been using home brewed stuff all the way so far. Im a new DM (started them at level 1, first time DMing for real) so there have been some jumbled along the way. Trailing plots, dead-points where it seems to go no where... me forgetting to plan for the game. *Anyway*. I think it's been good so far, but I wanna try running out of a module for a couple sessions.

So here's the deal. Dungeon Crawl, for sure, they have done the follow the plot, find your battle type of game so far, and I'd like to throw em some mazes and monsters. A tomb or abbadoned temple would be best, fitting in with my story.

Relgious over-tones would be great, I can adjust them for the FR gods easy enough.

Undead, very good. But less on the humanoids, they've been fighting humanoids pretty much the whole time.

Anway, they're level 7 right now, with a balanced party. Any ideas?

Necromancer Games' Rappan Athuk.

Undead. Temple. Dungeon Crawl.

If you look at my sig, I offer freelance adventure writing. Depending on how long and detailed an adventure you want, my rates would be a little more than an off-the-shelf module, but the adventure would be custom-tailored to your game and your characters. Send me an email if you're interested.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:
If you look at my sig, I offer freelance adventure writing. Depending on how long and detailed an adventure you want, my rates would be a little more than an off-the-shelf module, but the adventure would be custom-tailored to your game and your characters. Send me an email if you're interested.

RW, how can you possibly write an entire adventure for... let's be generous... $20 bucks, and have it be worth your time?

That's crazy talk, man.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Kyrail said:
Can't say I'm very familar with sword of sorcery, how well will it sink up with D&D?

If you mean Sword & Sorcery Studios, and especially Necromancer Games (which is a part of sword & sorcery studios), their products are meant to be used with D&D. If you end up getting Rappan Athuk, just be warned that it was written for D&D 3.0, not 3.5.

However, there is a lot of support for it on the necromancer games message boards and website, such as errata corrections and web enhancements.

Enjoy!

Wulf Ratbane said:
RW, how can you possibly write an entire adventure for... let's be generous... $20 bucks, and have it be worth your time?

That's crazy talk, man.

Crazy talk at $20, yes. When I said "a little more" I meant it idiomatically. "A little more" as in "a good deal more, but I don't want to sound expensive." Also, I would require permission to sell the adventure, with the person who commissioned it getting a cut. Because I'll be working closely with the customer, I'll only need to write the things the customer needs.

Honestly, though, I don't think whole adventures will be big sellers, because they would need to be fairly expensive to be worth my effort. However, I think there's a definite market for single encounters, specifically designed for a party and a gaming group. It can be up to the DM to make the plot around the encounter, but he can give me what he wants, and I can come up with an interesting fight location, cool combatants, and a few twists and tricks to make the fight more entertaining. Think of the DM as director, and me as the fight choreographer.

I also do villainous monologues.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads