• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend a less-known scifi movie/series

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
War of the Worlds The Series is a good gamer-like tv series. Small band of eclectic characters fighting a hidden threat. By eclectic group I mean: a hard nosed American indian army colonel, a single mother biologist, a liberal nutcase scientist, and a disabled bo staff fighting computer geek.
Odd show, some nice effects.

Friday the 13th The Series is in this vein. A small group of people tracking down cursed items in the modern world. That's a ready made D20 Modern campaign.

bodhi

First Post
Titles I'm surprised I didn't see mentioned yet:

Cube (the first one)

Pi

eXistenZ

Scanners (or is that too well-known)?

Chaldfont said:
Brainstorm: Scientists invent a "brain VCR" that can record and play back all the senses at once. This movie really messed up my head as a kid. Bonus: It has Christopher Walken, so it's automatically an awesome movie.
Just wanted to second this. It's always been one of my favorites and I always thought was great science fiction because it was ultimately less about the gee-whiz technology and more of an exploration of how human beings communicate with each other and the obstacles they face in doing so. It's also a great '80s movie that gets overlooked.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I second Space: Above and Beyond, and The Lost Room.

In fact, I am not convinced that The Lost Room is quite done. I am seeing some vague hints that Sci-Fi is considering doing another run.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
tecnowraith said:
Before I post my list how far you want to go back? you want American, British, Japan or all the above?
Anything that is reasonably easy to get in DVD across the world. But if the language is other than finnish or english it would be good to have subtitles. And I just remembered a movie that is kind of less known and even more so outside finland. So for anyone else interested try Star Wreck: In the Pirkinning. It is a finnish parody of Star Trek and Babylon 5 made with pretty low-budget, but still well made and definetly enjoyable. You can even download it for free from their official site http://www.starwreck.com/download.php ;) . Just suggest for those who don't understand finnish to download the subtitled version ;) .

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
Another SciFi Channel miniseries I like is "Five Days to Midnight". Physics professor J.T. Neumeyer finds a briefcase containing the police file of the investigation of his own murder, which is to happen in five days.

Remove ads