• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recommend me some Neverwinter Nights modules

Our RPG Group has decided to have a LAN party and play a cooperative Computer Role Playing Game.

Current games considered are Baldur`s Gate II and Neverwinter Nights.
(Personally, I would probably prefer the latter, since I don`t like the AD&D system of BG II, but I guess both could be fun )

Anyway, we certainly don`t want to play the original NWN campaign (some of us already played it, and it is not that great), so we are searching for good modulse. The module should have a wide scope (ideally from 1 to 20th level).

So, does anyone of you have experience with some modules he might to recommend for us? (Preferably also with Multiplayer Experience)

kdanger

First Post
I would have to say head over to nwvault.com. They have hundreds of mods for download and they are rated. It all depends on what type of adventures you like to go on: high action, high story, persistent world, etc...

I do remember the 3e mods the Sunless Citadel and the Forge of Fury were good. But there are many, many good ones located there.

I have been spending too much time working on my groups PW to play much lately.

kdanger said:
I would have to say head over to nwvault.com. They have hundreds of mods for download and they are rated. It all depends on what type of adventures you like to go on: high action, high story, persistent world, etc...

I do remember the 3e mods the Sunless Citadel and the Forge of Fury were good. But there are many, many good ones located there.

I have been spending too much time working on my groups PW to play much lately.
Thanks for the tip, though I knew about the vault. I am more interested in personal opinions of some ENWorlders, since I think they could mean more than some ratings.

Mustrum Ridcully

Old One

First Post
Get ahold of Lazybones...

Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Thanks for the tip, though I knew about the vault. I am more interested in personal opinions of some ENWorlders, since I think they could mean more than some ratings.

Mustrum Ridcully

MR -

Get ahold of Lazybones (prolific SH writer)...he is big-time into NW Nights and DMs fairly regularly. He can probably recommend some very good modules for you.

~ Old One

Lazybones

Adventurer
Thanks for the ref, Old One, but I mostly design and play DM-required mods. I have, however, heard a lot of second-hand comments about a variety of community-made modules. There are lots of titles specifically designed for a MP party that do not require a DM's participation.

The Parthenon series was specifically designed for a small MP party, and comes very highly rated.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1028135906560.shtml

The conversions of Sunless Citadel and Forge of Fury noted by the other poster above are also very good, I hear. There's also a nice conversion of The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh that gets good press (the other mods in the series have been done up as well).

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1031839381772.shtml

There's also an oft-praised conversion of the old I3: Pharoah. It's rated as "minor DM intervention" (although I don't think one is actually required) but was also designed for a balanced party of 4-6 players.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1075308169812.shtml

Finally, here's another well-recommended mod designed for a party, called "Raven". It offers a longer game-experience starting at level 1.

http://nwvault.ign.com/Files/modules/data/1036965009674.shtml

There are some other great titles out there (like the Shadowlords series), but these were designed more for a single player.

WizarDru

Adventurer
If you haven't played through the Dreamcatcher and Shadowlords campaigns, then you haven't experienced what is, in my opinion, the best NWN modules out there, bar none.

He does some things that, such as an aerial battle from the back of a dragon, that I just didn't think NWN was capable of.

And I like his version of Ioun Stones better than Bioware's, in all honesty.

You can see them, right here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads