• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

RECRUITING CLOSED! 4ed: The Wolfcrown

yzard

First Post
Apologies but I am going to have to drop out of this (and my other) game. Recent job change has brought more work than I thought it would and I just cannot give the game the attention that it needs.

Again, sorry to drop out. DF, you've been doing great and I am bummed that I will not be able to see where this goes.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear it, pal. I hope we get the chance to play again. You're a fun player and I really appreciate your participation in my group. PM me if you ever get around to coming back. I'd love to see more of Thomas.

To everyone else, this won't have too much effect on the campaign. I'll take control of Thomas once we get to the White Vale, then have him become an NPC. I've got a friend in mind who would love to fill the empty slot, so I'll talk to him and keep you posted on that.

UPDATE: I've decided not to recruit a new party member. I feel like it would take away from the realism of the campaign. I prefer not to allow the Raise Dead ritual for similar reasons. Thus, it'll just be the five of you from here on out: Thorn, Squeal, Doren, Baern, and Torath. Thomas will journey with you to the White Vale and then go his own way. Please let me know if you have any questions or complaints about this.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Just as a note DF I have been REALLY shorting myself on healing my allies....

With the cleric thingie called Healer's Lore I SHOULD be adding my WIS bns to all healing spells being used... so each time I've healed my allies they should have been gaining an extra +3 HP.... I really need to pay attention to this heh...

No worries, pal. Just make sure you include it next time. You all are in charge of keeping track of your own abilities. I understand there's a lot to remember, though. We'll work together and I'll do my best to remind you if you aren't doing it.

By the way, I just got Player's Handbook 3 yesterday. It's really cool, and I'd be happy to answer anyone's questions if you have any. I'm dying to play a monk or a psion now.

Rathan

First Post
I just snagged the 4E character builder as well myself here on the puter.... was wondering if in the future seeing as it has all the feats and powers from all the sources in 4E if I take feats and powers from it as long as I post in my character thread what it does?

As I don't own all the books currently it has access to info I don't have in person... just wondering if all source materials for 4E were kosher?

Yeah, any source on the character builder is allowed with the possible exception of Dragon Magazine. Some of the stuff in there doesn't seem quite balanced. Anything from any published book, however, is certainly allowed.

I'm not sure if the CB tells you what source everything is from, so if you have a question about anything in particular, just ask first.

Rathan

First Post
It in fact does list source for most everything.... however if anything from Dragon Magazine comes up that seems appealing how about I promise to clear it with you first? Sound fair?

EDIT: On a side note DF I am REALLY enjoying this story as it unfolds.. I feel there has been a fair balance of story with combat mixed within one another. I really do hope this game continues for a good long time to come. Even the bit of in part mistrust between Thorn and Doren is fun to write, read, and experience! Awesome job overall thusfar my friend. I hope you get to play 4E sometime soon here :)

Rathan: Yeah, as long as you check it with me beforehand, I'll probably allow material from Dragon.

As far as your enjoyment of the game, I really appreciate it. I'm having a blast writing the story, and it's really interesting to have new players interacting with this world I've been building for so long.

Also, it's kind of interesting because I'm running a home campaign for my friends, and their adventures are taking place 10 years after this one, so it's really cool to see how your actions are affecting them. For instance, my other players just met Bounder, who's become the liaison for The Orphans' Guild in the White Vale.

Anyway, thanks to all of you. I've been having a wonderful time DMing for you, and I'll continue it as long as I've got the players.

Relevant Sidenote: I've decided that I won't ever recruit new players to this particular game. If a character dies, the user will be allowed to roll up a new character. However, if a player leaves, his character will leave the group as well. For example, if Phaezen quit tomorrow*, I'd simply close his slot, and there would be four adventurers left. This way, there can actually be an ending to the story as determined by the remaining players. This should also keep everyone familiar with each other without upsetting the balance by introducing new players.

*Please don't quit, Phaezen. Squeal is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Irrelevant Sidenote: I really wish there were games for me to join. I really don't think I have the patience for a "Living" game, either. Oh well - my girlfriend is taking over DMing our home game next month. Then I'll be able to play a psion, just like I've always wanted!

Rathan

First Post
If I had the time... I would give it a go DF... unfortunately the abundant pickup at work that has happened as of late quelled any of my previous thoughts of running a 4E game. If I overhear anyone planning on running one anytime soon I'll let you know for sure.

On a related side note.... watch Talking The Talk Forum here as frequently as you can.. there is where you find up and coming games... hopefully one will catch your fancy soon!

Also... keep us abreast on how the table top at home is doing in the new world.. I'd love to hear more about how we heros are effecting the world years later!

Haha, I understand - not everybody has the time to run a game. But yeah, let me know if you see anything cool. I check the Talking the Talk board most days, and I would've tried to take over yzard's spot in his other game, but the DM wanted a leader. (None of the leader classes really seem interesting to me.)

My tabletop game is going pretty well, and they just left the White Vale to go into the Black Mountain via the Gray Grove (where the fey are originally from, remember?).

Do you remember the in-game story of Munsu's ascent to godhood and his rape of the drow queen? Well, the result of that union is a drow princeling with some serious daddy issues. His name's Rathlin Spiderlord, and he's determined to pull the greatest trick ever, one-upping even his own father, the Master of Deception himself.

So my players are trying to get into Spiderlord's fortress, but first they have to cut through this subterranean fallen kingdom to get to him. They're just now starting to get the gist of what Rathlin's trick entails, but I'll give you a hint: go back to when we were hanging out in The Fancy Drake and Thomas sat with the wise men. One of them told a story about a monster.

Remove ads