[Recruiting] Dragon Age RPG

Camelot

Adventurer
Dragon Age: Bleeding

The little town of Lothering in South Ferelden has recently been the source of both heroes and heretics. Before being overrun by the Fifth Blight, the Grey Warden now known as the Hero of Ferelden began a long and arduous journey; Hawke, the Champion of Kirkwall, fled the same blight before making his mark on history. Now that the Blight has been quelled and Lothering has been rebuilt, its inhabitants hope that the excitement will die down as well. However, peace and quiet is not to be part of Lothering's destiny. New heroes - or perhaps villains - are about to emerge to face a new danger, one that could potentially become even more horrifying than a Blight.

System: Dragon Age RPG
Setting: Thedas, after the Fifth Blight
Player Count: 4-6; at least one from each race and class
Style of Play: Roleplaying, Exploration, Combat
Method of Play: Play by Post; Post 1+/day
Allowed Content:
  • Set 1
  • Set 2
  • Set 3 Playtest
Character Creation:
  • Backstory: If you do not provide one, the GM will give you a simple one. You may PM the GM if you want to keep your backstory a secret from the other players. Your backstory should give you a reason to be in Lothering.
  • Experience: Level 1
  • Wealth: 50 + 3d6 silver pieces
  • Ability Scores: 3d6 in order, consult table, one switch
  • Health: Base Health + Constitution + 1d6
  • Background Benefits: Roll 2d6 twice; if result is the same, reroll one of the rolls until you get two different benefits.

Most of the game will consist of roleplaying, primarily by interacting with the other players and with non-player characters. Inter-player conflict and relationships are encouraged as long as it does not split the party. After roleplaying, exploration will be the next most important factor. The world is open; the plot will follow the players, not the other way around. There will be as much combat as there are advanced tests (AGE version of skill challenges) and roleplaying encounters, but the ratio will change as the story requires. Combat will not use a grid, only theater of the mind; exact distances will only be used when necessary. For example, if I say that you see a group of darkspawn ahead and roll for initiative, you can understand that you need only one move action to engage in melee, and that you should be able to attack with most ranged attacks already.

If you are interested, post (at the very least) your character concept, including background, race, class, and a character name. Feel free to ask any questions.

Camelot

Adventurer
[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION]: Yep, that works!

[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION]: Decide on a background and a name and you'll be good to go.

I'm really glad there's some interest in this! I've been wanting to play this game for a while, but my real life group won't try it.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Name: Orzarg
Race: Dwarf
Thaig of Origin: Kal´Sharoth
Original cast: Warrior
Worshipped Paragon: Aeducan
Backstory: A member of the Warrior cast, Orzarg knew battle and feasts only. Usually always in the death tunnels, the eastern deep roads, smashing darkspawns' skulls with his mace, Orzarg has little in matter of manners or education. One day, while patrolling the deep roads, his assault team was ambushed by a large group of darkspawns. The evil creatures had the upper hand and the upper terrain, and slew most of the members in Orzarg's party. Orzarg was isolated on one tunnel, while the other survivors were on the other, leading to Kal´Sharoth.
With the darkspawns blocking the way, the dwarf decided to follow the ancient tunnel, hoping that he would find a way back to his city. But he didn't. The tunnel stretched for miles, and Orzarg almost starved to death, sustaining on his rations and whatever edible he found.
Eventually, he found an exit, but not the one he was looking at. He emerged in Ferelden, human lands. He had never seen the outside world, the clear blue skies, the clouds, the birds. He was enamoured instantly with the open spaces, the peaceful energy around him. There were no darkspawns haunting him at every corner, no dark creatures waiting to pounce at him in every shadow. Orzarg made up in his mind that perhaps he could search for help up here to remove the darkspawns, but in the mean time, he could enjoy of a darkspawn free land. Or was it?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I would like to be a third but starting up some games this week so no time.

Not a problem as I usually wait to see what the group has and then make my character. Is why I was always the cleric in D&D.

I dug out my box set and will go over it this weekend and have something by MON night/ Tue Day if that's all right.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Well I see we have a circle mage and a warrior.

I'll tackle the Rogue though I am to make him more of a D&D ranger type.

I saw set 2 over at Green Ronin and will pick it up should we reach level 4. I like this system just need a place to play.

Rolling crunch now and will see what I get. And add the background accordingly.

City Elf

Communication - 1
Constitution - 2
Cunning - 1
Dexterity - 0 (of course)
Magic - 2
Perception - 2
Strength - 0
Willpower - 3

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Now I'm going to roll on the City Elf chart and for silver and round all this out.

EDIT:

O.k. this is working out. Let's see I will switch Magic with Dexterity and take Dexterity(Stealth) as my racial ability focus choice.

So we get...

City Elf Rogue

Communication - 1
Constitution - 2
Cunning - 1
Dexterity - 3
Magic - 0
Perception - 3
Strength - 0
Willpower - 3

Focuses & Talents
Dexterity(Stealth)
Perception(Searching)
Scouting

Starting Silver: 65sp
Starting Health: 33

Background - The Ferelden call me a "City Elf" and by whatever gods there are I do so hate that title. I grew up in an alienage outside of Ostagar but only because there was no where else to live. The humans keep everyone that isn't one of their own down and when there's trouble they blame it on everyone but themselves.

I spent just as much if not more time in the Southron Hills and Hinterlands as I did in the alleys of Ostagar. I learned to hunt, to stalk, and to stay hidden in all three places but never took to liking the city the way others did. I wanted to roam the lands free to do whatever it was I wanted, but my family kept pulling me back.

I was the first of four and my parents were from similar sized families. I had aunts, uncles, cousins, and other relations galore, and they depended on me for the little bit of hunting I brought in. Everyone did his part and the community as a whole survived.

But just surviving seemed to "normal" to me. To mundane, and I longed for something else. Then the day came. The day I took all I owned and set out on the Imperial Highway and never looked back.

The highway went only one direction from Ostagar, north. North until it reached Lothering. Perhaps here I can earn a few extra coin. And then go wherever I wish. I am now free.

HM

Last edited:

Camelot

Adventurer
If we can get one more person interested, then we can get the game started.

Technically, [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION], I don't think there is an alienage near Ostagar; I'm pretty sure the only one in Ferelden is in Denerim, but I think your character can still work if you came from there.

Remove ads