• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting for the "Prying Eyes" campaign

Ranger Rick

First Post
Mithran said:
That sounds interesting, Ranger Rick. How did he come to be in a government agency though?

That is the rub. With 28 pt buy and a 4th level ecl, Not sure if I can even be a lvl 1 tracer. Or very compitatent. Therefore, I would think there would be 2 avenues to approach. One is that his father woke up and smelled the coffee, and went legit. The son would have entered into the force after school and been hired like any John Doe.

The 2nd, is due to his tracer abilities he was actively sought out to join the group. Eith recruitment was due to him being caught and blackmailed by the agency or through a case of mutual respect between the the PC's family and the onsite agency head.

I would prefer that over the years the family was always able to one up the Government. The Agency's head guy and the family knew each other, both weakness and strength. It had become a game chess between the two. The family did have honor and never delt with anything that could be considered immoral. Those smugglers who chose to help the "dark" side always ended up being caught. At some point in the past the (grand)father and the agent where in a situation, that allowed the agent to save a life. The (grand)father never forgot it. As repayment he offered the PC to the Agency to assist in this group.

Mithran

First Post
Bobitron said:
I'm going to pull out of this before I get too involved in character creation. Sorry, Mithran. I'm sure you will find enough players, it really seems like a great game.

Sorry to hear that, Bobitron

Ranger Rick said:
I would prefer that over the years the family was always able to one up the Government. The Agency's head guy and the family knew each other, both weakness and strength. It had become a game chess between the two. The family did have honor and never delt with anything that could be considered immoral. Those smugglers who chose to help the "dark" side always ended up being caught. At some point in the past the (grand)father and the agent where in a situation, that allowed the agent to save a life. The (grand)father never forgot it. As repayment he offered the PC to the Agency to assist in this group.

Well that might work for an arm of a specific country's intelligence organizations but it would probably not put the PC directly into this group. The PC would probably have been offered to a specific lower down government agency and then drafted into this one, or something similar.

colindownes

First Post
I'd be interested in getting on board. I was thinking a young, English aristocrat with expertise in undercover work and a flair for the martial arts. Something of a relic of the UKs gentrified past - a real king and country sort of fellow, but one who prefers using subtlety and charm rather than more "blunt" approaches. If the basic idea meets with your approval, then I'll flesh out a whole spiel and post it in the appropriate place.

Remove ads