(Recruiting) Modern Millitary/Zombie game

Walking Dad

First Post
Hi,

I stumbled over the Biohazard (no connection to the video games) adventure and thought to adapt it to this modern incarnation of the Pathfinder rules-set:
modernherorpg

This is the intro text of the adventure:

You are members of the SPIDER ground team. SPIDER (SPecial Intelligence DEployed Response) is a Special Forces team tasked with military operations dealing with unique mission parameters most others cannot fulfill. This includes, but is not exclusive to, biological and chemical terrorist attacks.
You are being sent into the town of Oak Grove (population 1,800), a mining settlement off the southern tip of the Burrow national park and the source of a bizarre outbreak. The CDC quickly tried to isolate the epidemic but before quarantine was established, a dozen other cases appeared, from Canada to Japan. The CDC set up a Pre-Fab near the local hospital and identified the culprit as a strain similar to one found in Afghanistan. Before any fatalities were reported, the CDC located a pure strain of the virus and was able to concoct a vaccine. Two hours later, all contact was lost with the Pre-Fab and its military protection. Team members will investigate the CDC facility and recover this vaccine. A sample is not mandatory; just transmit its code over the satellite communicator provided. Part of the quarantine is a jamming field to prevent cellular transmission and hardlines have been suppressed. With cases appearing across the world, it is vital this vaccine be distributed throughout populations of infected areas immediately.
The entire population of Oak Grove was infected quickly so the SPIDER team will also be exposed. Because this is a military operation, a fully-prepped hazmat suit is not feasible. Gas masks are provided but according to the CDC's report, they will not be 100% effective. The military cannot send armies to secure the location if there is no cure on site. The helicopter flying you in can respond in thirty minutes when called. The sat radio you have is the only communication to the outside world. Weather restrictions have prevented satellite imaging since the outbreak. The damned coal fire at the mine gets credit for that one.
You are being dropped in at 1400 hours. Good Luck.
Character Creation Details:

- Character level = 6th
- Point-Buy ability generation (20 pts)
- HP: Max 1st level, 1/2 HD subsequent.
- Races = Humans only
- Traits: Only 1 from here. Has to be fitting for a Special Forces Member.
- Equipment: Depends on team role. Provided by me, but open for player suggestions.

Last edited:

Damage Inc.

First Post
Would we be able to use guns from the D20 Modern Weapons Locker? Not the crazy exotic ones, but the ones that are currently in use in the military or law enforcement.

Walking Dad

First Post
If this gains enough interest (which looks good currently), I will start a proper recruitment thread. I will place some restrictions on possible gear and would like a balance of skills within the group.

What do you have in mind, Damage Inc.?

Damage Inc.

First Post
Nothing exotic or anything, just a larger variety. I recently moved and can't seem to find my Weapons Locker book, but if you want to stick with whats on the site...I'm more than fine with that.

As far as a variety of skills go, I was thinking a demolitions guy and maybe make him a tech guy also.

Walking Dad

First Post
Tech would be the appropriate Crafts and Knowledge skills. Would also be helpful to have someone good at each computers, medicine and physical science.

Let's see how many want to play.

Remove ads