• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(Recruiting) Path of Enlightenment: Chapter 2

Durlak

First Post
Hey, can I change a feat? I just realized that the powers lucky has and the the feat doesn't mix well. Unless Shield Bash is only used with Stone Palm. If so, I want to change Tide of Iron power since it requires a shield and Potent Chalenge requires a two-handed weapon.

Voda Vosa

First Post
---------RECRUITING RE-OPENED---------

Hello dear applicants: We are short by three slots. Current PCs needing player are:

Koryo, human monk
Sheng, human warlord
Kaoru, human sorceror

Applicants can change these character builds, however should take in consideration that they must stick with the characters' feel and beheaviour, ar least in part. You are the new player of the character, so you can change him as you please, however, make it slow, otherwise it would be more radical than it should be. Character sheets for these PCs are in the RG, where you can find the background of each character. Provided that someone shows interest, I could summarize their adventures so far, or the current players could do it too.

Character creation guidelines are in the first thread. Level 3, with 4k to buy items. Also Shen and Kaoru have weapons they found thorugh the adventure, I believe they are listed as such.

Any questions? Ask them!

Helfdan

First Post
Wang will grant a surge to Ziang, and use another one on himself. That leaves him at 41/46 hp, plus whatever is added from healing word. He is at 9/12 surges.

That fight was awesome, Voda! The oni had a nice suite of abilities.

I have played a fighter before, but this is my first 4e pally. It seems that the fighter is better at tanking multiple foes, as he can mark several at once. But with that damage deal, pallys may be better at tanking vs one big bad guy. Good to know!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Wang will grant a surge to Ziang, and use another one on himself. That leaves him at 41/46 hp, plus whatever is added from healing word. He is at 9/12 surges.

I have played a fighter before, but this is my first 4e pally. It seems that the fighter is better at tanking multiple foes, as he can mark several at once. But with that damage deal, pallys may be better at tanking vs one big bad guy. Good to know!

Yes, that gives the pallys their "Caballerosidad" and heroism flavor, as facing a single powerful evil, rather than a horde of minions.

Voda Vosa,

I'd be interested in taking over Kaoru. I only have one other PbP game running at the moment as the other two fizzled.

Good! Take a look at the character and rebuild it if you wish to, edit it or keep it as it is. Take over Kaoru in the IC thread whenever you want.

Legildur

First Post
Good! Take a look at the character and rebuild it if you wish to, edit it or keep it as it is. Take over Kaoru in the IC thread whenever you want.
Will do! I'll have a look over the character again soon and consider some minor changes, as I'm not familiar with Sorcerors.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post

Paladins can use the Divine sanction powers from Divine Power to mark a second foe. But I think you are right at their specialities. And thanks for the surge!

Legildur

First Post
I've reviewed Kaoru in more depth and looked into Sorcerers a little more.

If I have it right, then the party consists of 2 strikers (monk and sorcerer), 3 leaders (artificer, cleric, and taclord), and 2 defenders (fighter and paladin).

I don't see a controller in there.

I'd appreciate the party's opinion on what they'd like to see a focus on for Kaoru (human storm sorcerer):

1) Rather than concentrating on powers designed for a single target, I was thinking to take mostly ranged area burst powers to act more in a controller-type role.

2) Character currently has the Bard multiclass feat, which grants Majestic Word (healing surge +4) 1/day. I'm not overly wedded to this feat, and it would appear we have sufficient leaders for healing. But I'm open to advice as to whether the extra healing is valued in Voda Vosa's campaign.

3) Regarding equipment, it appears that Kaoru 'found' the Wyrmtooth Dagger, but lacks any other items of note, which implies that I need to spend the 4k gold on top of this?

Your views please?

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sure, lets see.

1) That could be useful. Note that if you wish to re-build Kaoru with a different class that's also a possibility

2) Choose whatever feat you'll like, I think that Ban Lu and Ziang Yu have the party covered in healing department.

3) Yes you have, since Keia, Kaoru's player left us before finishing his equipment options.

Hope I've clarified your doubts, if not, ask again and I'll see to be more clear.

Remove ads