(Recruiting) Relic Hunters (All female PCs, Castles and Crusades rules, Tekumel Campaign Setting)

dream66_

First Post
Would we know what Tsoylani formal attire would be? I don't know about going to any state dinners topless.

Am I the only male in the group? Well I mean male playing a female character... Oh hell you know what I mean lol.

If no one else speaks up to being a man, I guess you are.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
I am definitely a girl. A girly girl at that ;)

<<<<---------------------------------------- That is actually my picture.

Fenris

Adventurer
Am I the only male in the group? Well I mean male playing a female character... Oh hell you know what I mean lol.

Does playing the charming, debonair, blackguard, rapscallion Handsome Jack count as "The Group"? I am not playing a female character however.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I'm all man. :) If you dress as Tsoylani, you have a few options due to your Realms status (so no, not topless and just a kilt). Based on your choice, the seamstresses will take care of the honorifics. They have been chosen to ensure your intentions are appropriately met in your dress.

If you want to show off as upper class nobilty: Kilt, shoes, belt, over-tunic with ceremonial embroidery declaring house and position, collar and headdress.
Subaltern Officer in the Military: Ceremonial uniform armor with off-duty collar, headdress and gem-encrusted scabbards and weaponry.
Mages and Priests (and witches): Ceremonial vestments and expensive robes with arcane/divine runes and letterings of silver and golden thread.

Kilts are normally for men, though women can wear those or skirts. Women also have the option to wear bodices instead of sleeveless vests, kirtles instead of tunics.

That doesn't include the appropriate bracelets, necklaces, rings, and looped jewelry and pins placed in the hair. Women place more decorations in their hair, while Tsoylani men carry some but often cover most of their head with ceremonial hats in various styles. Precious stones include obsidian, coral, alexandrite, jadeite, opals, pearls, topaz, turquoise and shells.

Last edited:

dream66_

First Post
OOC: Oops, sorry. The seamstresses are tradeswomen, so they have more attire than poorer laborers, and you have seen enough barechested unskilled poor that you wouldn't bat an eye at it anyway. Skilled laborers are a higher caste than laborers, and so usually wear clothes that befit their trade. These seamstresses are wearing sandals and thin robes embroidered in Tsoylani script. Yellow robes with crimson script, bright blue robes with satin decorated in ivory thread along the sides, and crimson robes with golden lettering along the sleeves. Their fashion is more than a display of good taste, but instead an advertisement of their skill at their work. Clothing is connected to wealth and trade, and the richer the Tsoylani the more extravagant the clothing. Wait until I describe the flowing outfits and headdresses of the delegation...

I think I was too subtle, I was addressing the earlier barechested ladies rather than the seamstresses, and trying to give subtle hint to Elsbeth's shy personality, sheltered upbringing and perhaps questioning sexuality. All of which is why, yeah she's seen it before but she'd bat an eye ;)

Deuce Traveler said:
If you want to show off as upper class nobilty: Kilt . . . .
If Briony can't wear breeches, she'll wear a kilt. No f-ing way will she suffer the indignity of a dress. I may be a girly girl but Briony iddn't.

Hey, all, I'll be at a conference Wednesday and Thursday this week, so I won't be around to post. I adore this game thus far, thanks for having me join in.

Eagerly anticipating some "I-hate-your-guts-let's-screw-in-the-broom-closet" RP with Rolfe. Hopefully, with rum involved.:uhoh:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Update soon... :)

Edit: Updated! Ok, the next post will be tomorrow and we'll get into the gala where you'll meet the ambassador and your opposing relic hunters.

Last edited:

Remove ads