• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Recruiting(still)][CoC] Kuro's sick and twisted game

Master_Pugs

First Post
Okay... I've only played by post once... It was dnd and the gm dropped out... I've never play CoC, never even heard of it, I have no idea how to make a character or how it works... but from looking at the IC thread it seams like it works out to be basically a good B-horror movie... You, the classic Drive-In suspense show... And if I know one thing about horror movies, they need a female lead, I've got the CoC Corerulebook trying to download on Kazaa but no source atm, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind me joining in at some point? You guys are doing great but you need the women's touch, all up to Kuro though...

bruin

First Post
Welcome Master_Pugs! Glad to see you want in. If you have trouble getting the rulebook, don't sweat it. COC isn't really combat intensive and it doesn't have core classes, just professions based on skills. Character creation is pretty open-ended, so you could pretty much be anything you want; we can help you fill in some details later, assuming Kuro has no problem letting you join the game.

doghead

thotd
I didn't know that there was a rule book. :)

I can't remember how I made my character. I think I just patched something together from the d20Modern SRD. Come to think of it, I can't really remember what his stats are, I don't think that I have had to look at them. We have pretty much been playing the characters by feel.

Oh yeah, I remember, I rolled his numbers. It was fun.

So if Kuro OK with it, then it looks like you are good to go.

Master_Pugs

First Post
Oh... I see... intrigueing... A roleplaying game where the only limits are those you place upon yourself... sounds like fun and don't worry, I have about four years of dramatic training under my belt, I'm an rper not a pger...

doghead

thotd
I'm not sure what a PGer is, but I guess you mean munchikin.

I got the impression that you have read the IC thread. If you havn't, then take a look. As you can see Kuro gives us a fair bit of freedom to direct the game ourselves. But it is a matter of trust and respect. Some people arn't really comfortable with that.

Last edited:

Master_Pugs

First Post
Yeah, I noticed the leeway, one of the things which really atracted me to the game.. and pger means power gamer... min maxer, yes, basically munchkin... I guess I'll wait until Kuro gives me the go ahead

kuroshidaku

First Post
Good to have you in master pugs! just drop in your character at a time you feel's appropriate. Just roll up normal stats- str, dex, con, int, wis, cha- i don't need anything else :)

Master_Pugs

First Post
Okay... sorry, been at a conference since Thursday Night, I'll be back home late Sunday Night I think, but if I find some dice I'll roll up a char for you, would the female cop idea work?

doghead

thotd
What? A Cop? That's not going to work. Jims a burgler and we are both unpopular with the police.

Humm. But on second thoughts, it might just be interesting for those very reasons. It would take some nifty roleplaying. Wonder what Bruin thinks?

Remove ads