[Recruiting] SW Weird War Vietnam One-Shot

Walking Dad

First Post
After the initial interest check (here) I present now a proper recruitment thread.

System: Savage World (Explorer's/Deluxe Edition)
Needed Books: free test-drive rules (English (v6))
XP level: Starting Characters

Setting: Tour of Darkness (Weird War Vietnam)

All characters will be members of a U.S. Army Rifle Squad. These are the stats of standard members (you don't have to meet all the sample stats):

In full kit, they suffer a 1 Encumbrance penalty.
- Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d6, Strength d6, Spirit d6, Vigor
d6.
- Skills: Fighting d6, Guts d6, Notice d4, Shooting d8, Survival d4,
Throwing d6.
- Charisma: 0; Pace: 6; Parry: 5; Toughness: 5.
- Hindrances: None
- Edges: None
- Gear: Angle Head Flashlight (.5lbs), 3 C Rations (6lbs), Folding
Shovel (3lbs), LBE (5lbs), M16 (Range 24/48/96, Damage
2d8, RoF 3, Weight 8lbs), 2 M26 Grenades, 3 Magazines: 20 M16
rounds each (3lbs), 2 One Quart Canteens (6lbs), Pancho, Small
Towel, Steel Helmet, Machete, Two Quart Canteen (5lbs). Total
weight: 46.5 lbs.

Briefing
This is a recon patrol along the Srepok River. We will fly you out by chopper to an LZ eight clicks east of the river. Hike due west to the river, then follow it northwest, downstream, toward Cambodia.
About 17 clicks down river, on the western bank, lies the village of Mau Do Doi. We suspect the VC have been using this river to infiltrate II Corps, so do what you can to win over the villagers and get them to talk.
You will evac the following morning at 0900 at a second LZ, 10 clicks farther down the Srepok.

• Enemy Forces: We’re not sure what you’ll find, that’s why you’re going.

• Support: There is no dedicated support for this mission but you can call the firebase if you need it.

• Weather: Hot and muggy.

• Equipment: Take standard gear for 24 hours in the bush. One of the unit must carry a PRC25.

Krug

Newshound
[MENTION=2141]Krug[/MENTION], do you want to try alone at first, or should I help you with the character?

I think I could use some help. Right now, I have a vague sense of the character.

Name: Joseph Rilens

Love comic books, hates being in Vietnam and fighting, will stick close to the squardon, regrets not speaking to his crush at home, reasonably skillful with motors/engines.

Mass Defect

First Post
I'm in if you have the patience's for a Savage World noob to learn the system and help a little bit. It'll be tomorrow before I get into reading since I have to work in a few short hours and have somethings I need to take care of, but I'm here if you'll have me.

Walking Dad

First Post
Would you like to get just pre-made characters with some specifics in the backgrounds you provide? Doesn't need to be much. Not going to deeply into characters in a short one-shot (short relatively to a PBP game...)

Fenris

Adventurer
Would you like to get just pre-made characters with some specifics in the backgrounds you provide? Doesn't need to be much. Not going to deeply into characters in a short one-shot (short relatively to a PBP game...)

That sounds pretty good to me. I have been thinking how to build one and it would really come out as a slightly tweaked version of the standard template anyway.

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, these are the requirements set by the "Tour of Darkness" book.

US Army: Strength d6, Shooting d6, Fighting d4, Throwing d4

The standard member sheet used up all Attribute points, 12 of 15 Skill points,
no hindrances and has not chosen the free human Edge.

---

Name: Joseph Rilens
Love comic books, hates being in Vietnam and fighting, will stick close to the squardon, regrets not speaking to his crush at home, reasonably skillful with motors/engines.

-> Skills: Notice d8, Repair d6
-> Edge: McGyver
-> Hindrances: Loyal (minor), Cautious (minor)

you can choose another maior hindrance if desired.

---

The Big Bloke

-> Attributes: Smarts d4, Strength d8, Vigor d8
-> Skills: Fighting d8, Guts d8, Shooting d6, Survival d6
-> Edge: Brawny, Nerves of Steel
-> Hindrances: All Thumbs (minor), Clueless (major), Mean (minor)

---

The Black Guy

-> Attributes: Agility d8
-> Skills: Notice d6, Guts d10, Fighting d8
-> Edge: Luck
-> Hindrances: Illiterate (major), Outsider (minor)

---

More archetypes later. Post your idea, if you have something specific in mind.

Last edited:

Remove ads