Recruiting to playtest Steel Dragon's World of Orea RPG: D&D 1 & 2e base +

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
OK, weekend was super busy thanks to a sick cat.

But... I'm making gnome-progress. I have a name now. I can't make a CS without a name.

Melmore Starcharm Toggletopple

It would be cool if instead of speaking one additional language, he could speak 2 only half. Oh the funny possibilities for translation mess ups... Quote from another game "What did he say?" "He said we could pass if we make sure we don't eat any of their bananas." Other side of the talks: "What did he say?" "I think he just declared war on our kitchen tent."

I also have an idea for an auditory illusion he should already have been forced to learn while traveling with the show - basically, he was taught to provide laugh tracks and other sound effects if the audience was a bit dull. Wouldn't be in full control of it and could only do it if there was a substantial audience.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
OK, weekend was super busy thanks to a sick cat.

Aw. Hope things are better now.

But... I'm making gnome-progress. I have a name now. I can't make a CS without a name.

Sounds good...suitably gnomish to me.

It would be cool if instead of speaking one additional language, he could speak 2 only half. Oh the funny possibilities for translation mess ups... Quote from another game "What did he say?" "He said we could pass if we make sure we don't eat any of their bananas." Other side of the talks: "What did he say?" "I think he just declared war on our kitchen tent."

Very funny idea. I don't see any reason why this wouldn't be possible...pick 2 languages that he knows roughly 1/2 of.

I also have an idea for an auditory illusion he should already have been forced to learn while traveling with the show - basically, he was taught to provide laugh tracks and other sound effects if the audience was a bit dull. Wouldn't be in full control of it and could only do it if there was a substantial audience.

Sounds like a perfectly reasonable usage for the Illusionist cantrip "Ghost Sound." While my spell description does specify "haunting" type noises (moaning, rattling chains, bumps and thumps, etc...) I see no reason a generic laugh track (repetitious softened cackling) or muted applause with no apparent source wouldn't be possible as a personal "twist" on the same spell...and if there are people/an audience present, the assumption the noises are coming from them seems obvious (undoubtedly causing people to laugh or clap for real as often happens with groups).

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
By the by, don't think I mentionned it here but there's been some changes to my vacation plans (sadly enough for me). I'll likely have internet access for the vast majority of it.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Note to self - in digital age, don't do your CS on a printout. Especially not in a house with cats. *sigh* Maybe that was a hint I did something wrong lol

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
lol. Can't seem to catch a break?

If you would like, [MENTION=53286]Lwaxy[/MENTION], I have a few pregens made up. I believe a gnome illusionist is one of them. It would be a simple thing to plug in your pc's ability scores, alter skills and/or theme as you wish, and run with that.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
Yeah that will work fine thanks.

Funny thing, I made the gnome offline and the cat peed on it, and I made my offline char online and the network crashed so I can start all over again, too. :lol:

Leif

Adventurer
Yeah that will work fine thanks.

Funny thing, I made the gnome offline and the cat peed on it, and I made my offline char online and the network crashed so I can start all over again, too. :lol:
Reminds me of why I'm not crazy about cats.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
[MENTION=53286]Lwaxy[/MENTION]: Hope all's well. Here's that pregen gnome for your approval. I've included all of the initial calculations for how the bonuses were figured out. There's no reason you need to keep those in your actual character sheet (unless you want them for your own reference). I also listed things vertically, just so its easy for you to see what this guy/gal currently has...You can make everything horizontal if its easier for you.

Illusionist / Level 1
Gnome / (Male or Female?)
HP: 6 (6 +Con. bonus)
AC: 5 / 8 (level, no armor, +2 from Dex/+3 vs. larger than man-sized from race)
XP: 0 (Next level at 1500)

Str: 6 (racial adjustment waived)
Con: 9
Dex: 14 +1 from race = 15 (+2 with missiles/thrown, AC and Dex. checks)
Int: 15 (+2 SPs, languages, bonus tiers and Int. checks)
Wis: 11
Cha: 9

Wpn Prof [1]: Dagger
Wpn carried (dmg): Daggers (d4, 3 normal, 1 silver)

Spells per day: 4 +2 from theme = 6 cantrip/0 tier, 1 +2 from Int. bonus applied here = 3 1st tier.
Grimoire: cantrips/0: Detect Illusions, Flare, Light, Prestidigitation, Silent Image
1st: Color Spray, Protection Circle, Gaze Reflection

Skills: Starting SP 5 (3 from class, +2 from Int.):
[sblock]Arcane Lore +2 /+3 (1 from class, 2 if illusion from class +1 SP),
Illusion Resistance +7 (+2 from class +5 from race to saves vs. phantasmal magic),
Sleight of Hand +4 (2 from class +1 from theme +1 SP),
Gather Information +1 (from theme),
Perform: Stage Magic +1 (from theme)
Stealth +1 (+1 SP. +4 when hiding, from race/size)
Lore: Herbalism +1 (+1 SP).

Note: So 4 of your 5 starting Skill Points are spent on various skills above. The 5th is used for an extra language. Your Intelligence bonus allows you 2 in addition to your racial languages. So you have no more SPs until you get another at 4th level.[/sblock]

Gnome Traits/Abilities:
Low light vision (60’),
Gem Sense +2 to detect/notice the scent of gemstones within 50’,
Small size: +3 to AC vs. larger than medium & hiding.
Languages: Common, Gnomish, Sylvan, burrowing mammals, Kobold (1SP), +1 more language possible from Intelligence when SPs are available.

Theme: Magician: +1 Gather Information, Sleight of Hand and Perform Stage Magic, +2 cantrips per rank per day.

Equipment:
[sblock]Daggers (3),
Silver Dagger,
Herb Pouch (5 uses, heals 2hp per use),
Clothing (as determined by player),
Back Pack,
Bedroll,
Tinderbox,
1 week iron rations
1 full water/wineskin
Wizard Class "Quick Start" Pack: 1 Grimoire (with starting spells),
1 Spell Component pouch (provides material components for 1 month of spell casting per tier. Cantrips require no components.),
Writing Kit (10 pieces parchment, charcoal, chalk, 1 vial ink, 2 quills/stylus, melting wax for stamps/seals in a leather water-resistant satchel),
Torches (6),
1 Hand Mirror (silver),
2 Sacks (small),
1 Belt Pouch (large).[/sblock]

Remaining coin: 115 gp

Background/History/Traits/Notes: t.b.d. by player.

Remove ads