• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruiting - World Building game

Ry

Explorer
Hi guys, I've got a world building game that I'd like to try. We need ~ 5 players and can handle more, it's like a forum game.

Ry

Explorer
James Heard said:
I'm interested in theory, but I'd have to see what's going on in the meat of the game to say for certain.
Everybody had 50 points of Mastery. First player (I'll randomly list the turn order) spends 2 points to pitch an idea.

The pitch is max 120 words and 1 300x400 pixel picture. That can be anything you want about the world - ANYTHING from a description of a beggar who sleeps behind the inn to the details of Tiamat's love life and the forthcoming plane-spanning conflict.

For that pitch to become Fact, 2 other people have to decide to spend 1 point each to support your idea, and no one vetoes it for an entire 24-hour period. Once that happens, it's Fact.

When someone else makes a Fact that plays into conflict in the world and involves one of your old facts, you can, at your option, award 1 point (this is new money, not from your pool).

So the basic idea is you have to come up with something cool enough that you're willing to spend your points, and other people are willing to spend their points on, and no one goes "aw hell, that'd screw it all up." Money leaves the system when you do a pitch, and money comes into the system when people dice it up with each others' elements in a way they find cool. The pot eventually heads to zero, at which point we look at the setting and see whether it came out half or fully baked.

Ry

Explorer
Fair enough. To anyone who's played it, this will be something like a long Teneting phase in Universalis, or a pitch meeting in Primetime Adventures with a bit of currency levelling things out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads