• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Recruitment for WoT: "Hunt for the Horn"

garyh

First Post
Uriel_fire_of_Heaven said:
I had bought armor, but my defense is 4, same as my studded leather&buckler. Could someone familiar with this variable let me know- Does it always count (the class bonus)?
If so I have aprox 82 mk (not needing the armor), otherwise I have 32.

If you wear armor, you take either the armor bonus or class Defense bonus, whichever is higher. The only exception to this among the basic classes is an armsman of level 3 or higher can apply his Defense bonus to his AC with armor for his Armsman levels only.

Example: Suppose you went with a Wanderer1/Armsman3. Your Defense bonus would be (+3 Arm, +3 Wan, -2 multiclass) = +4 Defense. If this character were to put on armor, he could apply the +3 Armsman Defense bonus to his AC along with his armor.

Does that make sense?

Dorn Tavers

First Post
Sorry, I'm here. My internet connection was down all day yesterday so I couldn't post.

Woohoo, after trying all day I can finally access the boards again! Here is the character sheet as it currently stands. Please point out any mistakes that may be present. :)

===================================

Obrin Nameda

Male Borderlander (Shienaran) Woodsman4: HD 4d10+4; hp 29; Init +7 (+3 Dex, +4 Partial Improved Intiative); Spd 30ft; AC 17 (+3 Dex, +4 Defense); BAB +4; Melee: Longsword +7 (1d8+2/crit 19-20/x2); Ranged: Longbow, +7 (1d8/crit 20/x3, range 100'); Reputation 1; SV Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +2; Str 14, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 9.

Skills (total/ranks): Craft (Bowmaking), (2/2), Climb (4/2), Heal (4/3), Hide (10/7), Intuit Direction (3/2), Knowledge (Blight) (4/4), Listen (5/4), Move Silently (10/7), Ride (6/3), Search (3/3), Spot (5/4), Wilderness Lore (6/5).

Feats: Ambidexterity, Shadowspawn Hunter, Track (Class Bonus), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Longsword)

Class Features:

Proficient with all Simple and Martial Weapons, Light Armor, Medium Armor, and Shields.
Nature's Warrior (Mountains): Adds half of Dex bonus to attack rolls against humanoids when in chosen environment.
Track: Bonus Feat.
Woodland Stealth: +2 bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks when in forests and other natural environments.
Partial Improved Initiative: Free use of Improved Initiative while in light or no armor.

Languages: Common (Borderlands)

Possessions (worn): Longsword, Short Sword, Longbow, Daggers (2), Arrows (40), Backpack, Explorer's Outfit.

Possessions (in backpack): Bedroll, Flint and Steel, Hammer, Map Case, Mirror (small steel), Pitons (10), Rope (50 ft), Torches (2), Waterskin, Whetstone
Money: 36 mks

Total gear weight: 58 lbs.
Capacity: Up to 58 lbs./ 59 –116 lbs./117-175 lbs.

Description: (will be added shortly)

History: (will be added shortly)

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Looks good to me, Dorn. I was having trouble accessing the boards earlier, too.

So, our little group is now complete:

Me: Jorad son of Halar son of Korl, Ogier Wanderer2/Woodsman2
PB: Holm Gray, Tar Valoner Armsman4
Dorn: Obrin Nameda, Borderlander Woodsman4
Uriel: Elinas Sandrionovi, Ebou Dari Wanderer2/Armsman2

Should be cool!! All that's left are backstories for Obrin and Elinas.

GruTheWanderer

First Post
Hey Folks,

Sorry for the delay. Needed some time to look at my rulebooks and figure out where to take the adventure.

First thing, I need to restart the scenario. Much as I would like to use Todd's opening, I'm planning on using the adventure in the back of the rulebook and Prophecies of the Dragon. Which means we are moving in time and space (the adventure will start in Caemlyn just after the False Dragon Logain has been captured). Please adjust background stories accordingly (and write them for Obrin and Elinas).

Second thing, each character can take one of the lost ability (latent) feats for free. It's up to you whether or not you move on the actual ability at some point.

Third thing, please pick out one of your items (perferably one of the more expensive ones) and describe its sentimental value to your character.

Finally, we have room for one more player interested in playing a channeller (either gender).

I will start the story in a new thread. Cheers!
Derek

Paragon Badger

First Post
Actually I think I'll step aside and let there be 2 open spaces. It's getting towards Finals and I don't think I'll have enough time to keep up with this game in addition to my other PbP.

Have fun in the game for everyone that can stick around. I'm glad somebody picked this game up.

Good luck!

Remove ads