• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Red Dragon, Virgins and a Doomed Halfling

Tomn

First Post
All you need to do is be targeted and fail a Saving Throw against a Fear Effect.

A 1st level caster can kill your dragon ;). By the letter of the Bond, which is all that matters, he cannot uphold his bargain if you have suffered a fear effect... Ever. Sadly you cannot cast the Fear on yourself... Unless you can figure out a way for Cause Fear to interact with YOUR space... :).

Sadly, this probably wouldn't work. He says that the dragon has to "allow" them to travel without fear. The pact won't be broken unless the dragon specifically stops them from traveling without fear. Now, what might work is having the dragon step close enough to you that his fear aura affects you. He would be technically breaking the agreement, since he actually caused you to be afraid without any real choice on your part.

Also, consider bringing the virgins to him while he sleeps, then leaving with them again. That way, you get out of your agreement with little or no danger. Use invisibility spells if you want to be extra-careful. After this, if you still want to kill the dragon, you can try to use more standard tricks.

Good luck, brave sirs.

Ooh! One last thing. Why not just tell the highest-level people around about your problem. I'm sure you're not the only adventurers around, and this is a wonderful chance to provide an adventure hook to some people who I'm sure would greatly appreciate the chance to kill a red dragon and get both its gold and the prestige that would come with its death.

Trap - pressure plate

Make a pressure plated trap, if the dragon lands on it, it snares you. The dragon has then bound you in place, stopping you freely travelling. That should kill the dragon?

Geldenleaf

First Post
Ok.... So I had the bond slightly wrong. We did the adventure at 3am and I was slightly tired lol. But basically he swore on his "HORDE" that i was free to travel the sword coast. So I really have no way to make him break the bond....

But what I do have is this-

My party as stated in post #1 but I found out my panther is some super barbarian beast monster. But I cant make her into my Familiar yet =*(
One character drank water from a pool and can summon an efreet once a week (minor efreet, only one limited wish). I have a gem with a fire deamon inside whose power I can use for a period of time but not too much or she will take control of me.

We have the Seven Virgins. They are All 4th level priestesses of the Goddess of The moon.

A twelfth levl adventurer whom we are meeting on the way to te fight.

A 9th level mage/witch

and 5 fighters from the Waterdeep Mercenaries Guild/Group.
Not very high level.

Possibly a lvl 16 sea hag

I ave roleplayed the hell out o this game for a few weeks now and talked to EVERYONE where we are and have planned quite a bit and called in all my favors.

And we attack in t-minus 1 hour..... wish me friggen luck lmao

Geldenleaf

First Post
So... we SURVIVED! lol The dragon sacrificed the virgins as they walked in by using a Draconic magic circle and he became a venerable Red Dragon and got huge.... I thought we were screwed but with a few well placed 20's (axe to his eye, torn hamstring, impaled through the gut by a long magic sword) he got really pissed and activated his last spell and began to transform into a Dragon Lich. Our Thief with the Efreet got smart and used the Efreet to cast Prismatic spray..... Rolled blue.... and the dragon failed his resist magic and his save vs petrification rolls..... and He was turned to stone..... So we freakin won... lmfao

Thanks for the help y'all!

Geldenleaf

First Post
No, My character was convinced that he was bond to the dragon and that if he did not bring the virgins he would die. The dragon actually lied and put a veil over his eyes and messed with his head to make him believe in the bond. The dragon had actually convinced 5 others that they were also bonded to him. So I asked the virgins to come along and help fight. They died and we didn't expect it to happen that way, but he lost and I have to pay reparations to the church of the moon goddess.

Remove ads