• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Red Hand of Doom with 2 PCs - advice?

Make them higher level. 8th sounds good.

Warn them in advance that there are flying foes, so they need a way to hurt them. In our red hand game, our two most damage-dealing characters are a mounted archer and a fireball-happy wizard. A paladin on a griffon would do pretty well, though.

Take a cue from Star Wars SAGA, and let them heal themselves. As a swift action once per day they can heal HP equal to their Con score, or 1/4 their normal full HP, whichever is higher. Let them spend a full round action to recover from some negative status effects, like fear or being sickened.

Teemu

Hero
Alright, thanks for all the advice. :) I think I'll try asking them if they'd like to play two characters per player, but if that won't work, I'll reduce the number of enemies in big encounters (plus gestalt, higher level, etc.)

Klaus

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Make them higher level. 8th sounds good.

Warn them in advance that there are flying foes, so they need a way to hurt them. In our red hand game, our two most damage-dealing characters are a mounted archer and a fireball-happy wizard. A paladin on a griffon would do pretty well, though.

Take a cue from Star Wars SAGA, and let them heal themselves. As a swift action once per day they can heal HP equal to their Con score, or 1/4 their normal full HP, whichever is higher. Let them spend a full round action to recover from some negative status effects, like fear or being sickened.
UA's Reserve Points are good for healing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads