• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Red Spire Press] OK...it's May

Harp

First Post
So where's me update?

See what happens when you toss your hat in the d20 ring with such a cool concept? Impatient (albeit good natured) fans. ;)

Last edited:

Red Spire Press

First Post
My my aren't we demanding. :) Hey we uploaded a new website today, thats something right?!

There'll be some more updates soon, don't worry. There's some internal debate right now as to how much to reveal with the release date still some time away, but look for some features soon that deal with the new game mechanics.

And yes, more art previews... we have a spiffy new product line logo in the pipe, created by another member of the WH40K camp (we're not trying to steal away all of Games Workshop's artists, just the really good ones...) ;)

Stay tuned!

Harp

First Post
Red Spire Press said:
My my aren't we demanding. :) Hey we uploaded a new website today, thats something right?!
Oh, don't think we can be mollified by cosmetic upgrades -- it's gaming meat we crave!;)

There'll be some more updates soon, don't worry. There's some internal debate right now as to how much to reveal with the release date still some time away, but look for some features soon that deal with the new game mechanics.
Sure, I understand completely. But if not game information directly, how about some quick info about Red Spire Press itself -- who you guys are, what your gaming experience is, what your inspirations are, where you see the company going, etc.

And yes, more art previews... we have a spiffy new product line logo in the pipe, created by another member of the WH40K camp (we're not trying to steal away all of Games Workshop's artists, just the really good ones...) ;)
Fantastic. Keep 'em coming.

Red Spire Press

First Post
Sure, I can do that. :)

There's 4 of us right now. As with many other small publishers, we all have day jobs, and our d20 work is a labor of love. As far as rpgaming experience goes, tons. Personally, I've got about 16 years under my belt (that scares me.) Most of that was various versions of D&D and Battletech/Mechwarrior. Other favorites that I can remember were Car Wars, Ogre, Gamma World, Traveller, Twilight 2000, some grav tank game whose name eludes me right now, and a brief stint into Shadowrun which never really caught my interest.

My tendency regarding games (and books, music, movies and everything else for that matter) is to lean towards the darker things. You'll see those influences throughout Dark Legacies. I think it'll really appeal to mature gamers who are looking for a gaming experience with edginess and a real "grown up feel." :) Not to mention its truly going to be a beautiful book.

RSP will never become a huge d20 company and I like it that way. Every product we release will be one that we feel needs to release, and that can receive the full attention and dedication of everyone involved. Through these, we will extend the Dark Legacies setting and provide more and useful info for people who need gritty low-magic gaming resources (even if they don't use the setting itself). You'll never see a generic crunchy book with our name on it.

There's a look inside my brain Mr. Harp. Hope you enjoyed it. :)

Harp

First Post
Outstanding. That looks like a great start for an "About Us" section of the web page. I'm just sayin'...;)

Red Spire Press

First Post
Harp said:
Outstanding. That looks like a great start for an "About Us" section of the web page. I'm just sayin'...;)

I hear ya I hear ya. :) With the genrally insane pace of things around here these days, the website ends up sitting comparatively low on the priority list. Don't worry though, I'll push for some site updates by the end of this week.

We have a small exclusive planned - art and info - regarding an often maligned race in the D&D universe that should knock the socks off of a lot of folks.

Harp

First Post
Red Spire Press said:
We have a small exclusive planned - art and info - regarding an often maligned race in the D&D universe that should knock the socks off of a lot of folks.
I see the "About Us" section is up at the website. Excellent! I'll confess I'm not sure why it's important to me, but I do enjoy knowing a little something about the people behind the company.

So what of this oft-maligned race of which you speak...?

Frilf

Explorer
Yeah, BUDDY! That's what I'm talkin' about! Gnomes get no respect around here. Red Spire, you guys have piqued my interest to say the least. Now, where can I get one of those mechanized suit thingies? :D

Your gnome-in-arms,
Frilf

tensen

First Post
Frilf said:
Yeah, BUDDY! That's what I'm talkin' about! Gnomes get no respect around here. Red Spire, you guys have piqued my interest to say the least. Now, where can I get one of those mechanized suit thingies? :D

Your gnome-in-arms,
Frilf

Hey... Dark Quest gave Gnomes respect.
Although I personally would like the dropkick the French Gnome Giant Slayer that my wife plays... the rest of my staff loved Gnomes enough to write the sourcebook that is current available via rpgnow and rpgmall.com.

Although I want to see a gnome is a mechanised suit of armor... running around and kicking at the giant's shins, while the giant wonders why there is a sardine can at its feet. :)

Remove ads