Redbadge's Solo Skull and Shackles (IC)

Redbadge

Explorer
"How so, Fish-man?" The insult comes half-heatedly from the despondent lad. You realize he likely only uses it because the other pirates do so.

BudroThePious

First Post
"Well, I know a thing or two about healing, so I could help you with it. Or you could let the damned thing rot off if you want to be a stubborn jack-assed fool about it. Listen Jack, you have a real gift with that scrimshaw of yours and I would hate to see it go for naught over a bloody rat bite when it could be avoided and I will help you if you let me but I'm old enough to be your grandpa and I get a hard enough time off of Plugg and Scourge without taking any guff off of ye', ye' bloody scalawag." Jhiv tries to lighten the mood a bit, having said what he came to say and not wanting to brow-beat the young man when he's at a low point. "Actually I just got an idea that might work out better." Jhiv goes off to find Sandara Quinn. "Sandara, do you have any spells that would cure a disease or help someone recover from it? Jack Scrimshaw, Queepod, and Marina got the filth fever from rat bites today and I was wondering if you could help. The Stichman says that Scrimshaw at least could lose his hand if he can't shake the fever soon, and I don't have any spells that could cure it right out."

Last edited:

Redbadge

Explorer
Starday, 21 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:21:02)
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

Jack looks at you hopefully, saying, "You'd really do that for me?" before suddenly turning suspicious and adding, "Why are you so keen to help me?"

Unfortunately, when you talk to Sandara, she confirms that she does not have any spells to help against diseases, other than the ones she shares with you.

Redbadge

Explorer
Starday, 21 Desnus, 4712 AR (17:43:05), Bloody Hour
Main Deck, The Wormwood, Unknown Waters, Off the Coast of Garund, Inner Sea Region, Golarion

There are no noteworthy punishments tonight, and both Scourge and Plugg seem a little disappointed. This is perhaps a bit odd, as neither has been hesitant about making up any pretense to allow for the nightly "entertainment" before. Nevertheless, Plugg does get in a bit of cruelty by giving Jack Scrimshaw a couple of rope bashes for not finishing the pumping of the bilges, which is actually quite fortunate for the lad. It's possible that Plugg was considering lashings for Jack, but reconsidered given his condition.

Though let down at the lack of a true Bloody Hour, the crowd moves on soon enough to partake of the night's other entertainments - food, rum, songs, and gambling. As you move to join them, Sandara sidles up next to you. "Sorry I wasn't able to help you with the rat disease. Nasty creatures, those. Anyways, I was wondering if you minded if I joined you tonight?"

BudroThePious

First Post
"I don't mind at all," Jhiv says as he takes his rum ration and purifies it. "Did you have anything specific in mind?"
OOC: Take 10 on Stealth check, 20 result.

Redbadge

Explorer
"I didn't have anything specific planned. I'll leave it to you. So... what's the plan?" says Sandara as she casually dumps her rum out a porthole window with no one the wiser.

Remove ads