• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Redclaw's Eyes of the Lich Queen (needs replacement casters)

Leif

Adventurer
Redclaw said:
Leif, I appreciate the pitch and hope you'll be interested the next time I'm looking for players.
You bet I will!

Hey, I apologize for my lame attempt here. I realized soon after I first posted a proposal that there were errors on the sheet. I tried to fix them, but then I realized just last night that there were still more errors. So I'm the one who owes you the apology here, not the other way around. Also, this character is not exactly the most likeable guy in the world, so he's used to rejection, anway! :D But he now goes into my file for future characters to whip out when I have a chance. I just hope that he doesn't completely coat the entire file with his slime! yuk!!

Redclaw

First Post
No apologies needed, Leif. Nen was not a flawed character in concept, and the minimal mistakes in crunch weren't an issue. In many adventures, or with many parties, he would have been a fine fit. He just doesn't quite fit with the personality and drive of this party. Everyone has a little bit of idealism in their description, and Nen is a self-preservation kind of guy. That isn't an issue in and of itself, but I think Hedowin's drive to blend sources of magic will play out more effectively with the rest of the group.

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=S@squ@tch] Hedowin looks good. Everything looks right in terms of numbers and abilities. I'm fine with the feat and spell choices, although Spell Compendium is an option, pending my approval of specific spells. You can go ahead and post him in the RG.
Also, check out the IC Thread, where Hedowin is going to start off in the cage on the current map. He was brought as tribute by a band of medium-sized, standard lizardfolk about five days ago, and the blackscales have kept him in the cage since. After several days of near-starvation and exposure, he hasn't eaten in several days, and has suffered 23 points of non-lethal damage due to starvation. All of his spell components and equipment is somehwere else. His understanding of draconic has led him to believe that they're debating when to eat him and preserve his head.

With that other equipment will be a few other odds and ends that he received from a sympathetic instructor at Morgrave. One is an Empowered Spell Shard attuned to magic missile spells, and the other is Headband of Concscious Effort. [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Redclaw said:
No apologies needed, Leif. Nen just doesn't quite fit with the personality and drive of this party. Everyone has a little bit of idealism in their description, and Nen is a self-preservation kind of guy.
Yes, you are correct. Next time, perhaps I'll look at the other characters in the group BEFORE presenting my concept! (Gee, Leif, ya think??? hehe) ;)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Chevri Brightleaf (Draft- ready for review)

Here is my working draft for Chevri Brightleafs character sheet; I've got one spell and the shifter druid substitution levels from RoE, everything else should be standard. XP still TBD, everything else should be set.

Name: Chevri Brightleaf
Race: Shifter (Wild hunt); Age 23
Class/level: Druid 5 (with shifter druid substitution levels at 1, 4, and 5)
Size: medium (5'1"; 110 lbs)
XP: (level 5 base?)
AP: 7/7

HP: 37 (8+4d8+5 CON)
AC: 15 (t 12/ff13; armor +2, DEX +2, shield +1)/or 16 (t13/ff13 with DEX boost from Beast spirit)
Alignment: NG
Religion: Druid
Region of origin: Eldeen Reaches
Senses: Listen +8/+10; Search +1; Spot +7/+9; Low light vision, Scent (only while shifting)
Movement: 30 feet (6 squares)
Initiative: +6 (or +7); +2 or 3 DEX, +2 Reckless nature, +2 shifter instincts

STR 10 (+0; 2 pts)
DEX 14 (+2; 4 pts, +2 racial) (usually 16, +3; includes bonus from Beast spirit trait)
CON 12 (+1; 4 pts)(14, +2 while shifting)
INT 12 (+1; 6 pts, -2 racial)
WIS 16 (+3; 8 pts, +1 at level 4)
CHA 10 (+0; 4 pts, -2 racial)

Feats: Shifter instincts (level 1); Augment healing (level 3); Alertness (free, from beast spirit)

Racial abilities: +2 DEX, -2 INT, -2 CHA; shapechanger subtype; low light vision; +2 bonus to Climb, Jump, and Balance skills; size medium; move 30 feet; Shifting (2x per day, lasts 8 rounds, grants +2 CON and Scent special ability)

Class abilities (including substitution levels): Beast spirit (sub; grants Alertness, Extend shifting, Feral empathy, Will of the spirit); Nature sense; Wild empathy (+9 to roll); Woodland stride; Trackless step; Reckless nature (sub); Wild shifting (sub)

Skills (total/skill//points/ranks/bonuses):
+2/Concentration//1 pt/1 rank/+1 CON
+5/Handle animal//1 pt/1 rank/+0 CHA, +4 feral empathy
+11/Heal//8 pts/8 ranks/+3 WIS (add +2 with kit, +13 total)
+2/Knowledge-geography//2 pts cc/1 rank/+1 INT
+13/Knowledge-nature//8 pts/8 ranks/+1 INT, +2 nature sense, +2 synergy
+5/Knowledge- religion//8 pts cc/4 ranks/+1 INT
+8/Listen//2 pts/2 ranks/+3 WIS, +2 alertness, +1 shifter instincts (add +2 if Wild Instincts is memorized, total +10 until spell is cast)
+2/Spellcraft//1 pt/1 rank/+1 INT
+7/Spot//1 pt/1 rank/+3 WIS, +2 alertness, +1 shifter instincts (add +2 if Wild Instincts is memorized, +9 total until spell is cast)
+15/Survival//8 pts/8 ranks/+3 WIS, +2 class, +2 wild hunt (add +2 synergy in natural aboveground terrain, +17 total)

Languages: Common, Sylvan, Druidic

BAB: +3 (melee +3/missile +5 or +6/Grapple +3)
FORT +5 (4 base, +1 CON)
REF +5 (or +6)(1 base, +2 DEX (or +3), +2 Reckless nature trait)
WILL +5 (4 base, +3 WIS, -2 Reckless nature)

Spells memorized:
Level 0 (5): cure minor wounds, cure minor wounds, guidance, guidance, light
Level 1 (4; DC 14): Cure light wounds, cure light wounds, endure elements, entangle
Level 2 (3; DC 15): flaming sphere, restoration (lesser); wild instincts (RoE)
Level 3 (2; DC 16): call lightning, neutralize poison

Equipment (6000 gp initial; 7gp, 6 sp left):
Ring of sustenance (2500 gp)
Hewards handy haversack (2000 gp; holds most mundane gear)
Wand of cure light wounds (CL 1; 50 charges, 750 gp)
MW leather armor (160 gp)
small wooden shield (3 gp)
cold iron shortspear (2 gp; +3, 1d6+0)
dagger (x2; 4 gp)
sling with 20 bullets (2 sp; +5, 1d4+0, RI 50 feet)
explorer's outfit (x2; 10 gp +free)
druidic ritual garb (5 gp)
healers kit (x2, 20 uses; 100 gp)
holly/mistletoe/component pouch (x3, 15 gp)
waterskin (1 gp)
tinderbox/flint and steel (1 gp)
whetstone (2 cp)
small steel mirror (10 gp)
chalk (8 sticks, various colors; 8 cp)
sack (x2; 2 sp)
signal whistle (8 sp)
torches (x10; 10 cp)
identification papers (standard; 2 gp)
belt pouch (1 gp)
scroll case (x2; 2 gp)
scroll: Remove disease (375 gp)
scroll: Faerie fire, Faerie fire (50 gp)

Description: Chevri is a small and slender young shifter, just barely into her adulthood. She has chestnut hair, more red than brown, which she wears in a simple braid just past shoulder length. Her skin is deeply tanned, from a life lived almost entirely outdoors, and her eyes are a very faint grey-green- contrasted with her dark skin, this gives her eyes a distant, almost vacant look, as if she were constantly staring far off into space. She rarely speaks any more than absolutely necessary, and her normal voice is little more than a whisper- it is only when invoking her spells that she speaks loudly or firmly. She prefers to dress in simple, durable clothing- stout walking boots, loose sturdy shirt and trousers, and cured leather armor; she wears a cloak only in the worst weather (it serves more often as a crude bedroll than as an outer garment). A heavy leather satchel hangs over one shoulder, and a light wooden shield over the other- her spear is most often employed as a walking stick (for combat she prefers the sling).

Personality: Chevri is an optimist and an idealist at heart- she tends to focus on the positive or cheerful aspects of a given situation, though she is perfectly capable of recognizing danger when it arises. In addition, she usually tries to be a helpful or beneficial influence on those she encounters- she tries to focus on tasks of healing or helpful magic, while leaving combat or vengeance to those better suited or trained in such endeavors. She genuinely enjoys nature, though she is more interested in plants and weather than in animals. She is also interested in the myths and religions of other folk, and in exploring new places. For the most part, this is because she really does miss her home and since she has accepted that she had to leave there, she is trying to put the best possible face on the situation by embracing all the new environments that her nomadic lifestyle will expose her to.

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
Looking good so far, Pathfinder. I'll check in a bit more detail when you're done.

You and S@squ@tch should feel free to join the conversation over on the OOC thread in the meantime.

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=Pathfinder]Chevri looks good. I'm fine with Wild Instincts, and the racial sub levels should make her an interesting version of a druid. I'm intrigued by the sacrifice of wild shape.

I would ask that if you intend to use any other non-core spells that you run them by me first, maybe adding only two per level gained, and doing so at the level gain. It'll just make it easier to keep track of what's available. So, if you want any others from the SC, etc., if you could let me know before I place her in the adventure, that would be great.

For now, here's the RG, you can go ahead and put her in there, adding in a couple of items:
A Circlet of Solace (MIC 87)
and a pair of Boots of Landing (MIC 77) [/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Redclaw said:
[sblock=Pathfinder]Chevri looks good. I'm fine with Wild Instincts, and the racial sub levels should make her an interesting version of a druid. I'm intrigued by the sacrifice of wild shape.

I would ask that if you intend to use any other non-core spells that you run them by me first, maybe adding only two per level gained, and doing so at the level gain. It'll just make it easier to keep track of what's available. So, if you want any others from the SC, etc., if you could let me know before I place her in the adventure, that would be great.

For now, here's the RG, you can go ahead and put her in there, adding in a couple of items:
A Circlet of Solace (MIC 87)
and a pair of Boots of Landing (MIC 77) [/sblock]
[sblock=Redclaw] I'm not sure how the lack of wild shape will work either- but since I haven't really run a druid before, I don't know that I'll see a difference. I probably won't use many non-core spells anyway, but the two per level limit seems fine; the only ones she is likely to want off the bat are the Vigor spell chain, which fits with her healing inclinations. I'll add the other gear and get her posted in the RG today or tomorrow- it looks like a busy weekend.[/sblock]

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=pathfinder] No worries on the timing. It'll be a week or more before you're in the picture anyway.
As for the vigor spells, I have absolutely no problem with the chain, so consider them all on her spell list. [/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads