• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Reduce Question

Kyramus

First Post
Targetting someone's armor and reduced by 50% while he is wearing it.

How would you treat the now shrunk armor?
Does it give less protection?
Etc etc.

I would probably rule it as an entangle without it being anchored, but I'd like to get feedback from other people.

From the SRD:
Entangled
An entangled creature suffers a -2 penalty to attack rolls and a -4 penalty to effective Dexterity. If the bonds are anchored to an immobile object, the entangled character cannot move. Otherwise, he can move at half speed, but can't run or charge. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC usually 15) or lose the spell.

kreynolds

First Post
Kyramus said:
Targetting someone's armor and reduced by 50% while he is wearing it.

How would you treat the now shrunk armor?

I would treat it as magical armor and have it resize to fit it's wearer, like usual.

Kyramus

First Post
assume that the target is an emeny and the armor is not magical.

Resizing it to the reduced size with the target being assumed medium sized.

constriction damage?

kreynolds

First Post
Kyramus said:
assume that the target is an emeny and the armor is not magical.

Resizing it to the reduced size with the target being assumed medium sized.

constriction damage?

Possibly, but I doubt it. AFAIK, generally, if something is restricted or constrained from decreasing or increasing in size, it doesn't happen.

Crothian

First Post
Well, enlarging a door will not cause it to destroy anything, so I don't think reducing an item would have it cause any damage either.

kreynolds

First Post
AGGEMAM said:
The reduce spell does not change anything size category at all.

Full-Plate doesn't really have to shrink a full category for it not to fit anymore. It's kinda form fitting already.

kreynolds

First Post
AGGEMAM said:
In RL, sure ... but not in D&D rules, right ?

Page 105 of the PH...

Each suit of full plate must be individually fitted to its owner by a master armorsmith, although a captured suit can be resized to fit a new owner at a cost of 200 to 800 (2d4 x 100) gold pieces.

Remove ads