• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

refreshing turning

bestone

First Post
Is there anyways at all to refresh turning attempts? I mean, even if you had to spend say a full round to gain 1 temporary turning attempt that lasts untill next round or something, Or dropping spell lots to gain them?

I was just wondering if anyone could think of anything off the top of thier heads.

Thanks

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Good lord no! Of course, my response is in a campaign that allows Divine Metamagic feats that use turning attempts as fuel. Nothing (okay, that's an overexaggeration!) could be more broken than allowing Divine metamagic to be used more often than it should! {And no ... I don't use nightsticks IMC}

Of course, if you are running a CORE-only game where divine metamagic hasn't been heard of, then finding ways to actually turn more undead per day is legitimate. Perhaps the simple introduction of nightsticks into your game would suffice?

[EDIT: I think nightsticks is the term I am looking for. I don't know from which book they come ... Libris Mortis, perhaps? But they are an item that is purchased that gives you more Turn Undead uses.]

RigaMortus2

First Post
Nighsticks give you 4 extra turing attempts (per day?) at the cost of 7,500GP. It is in Libris Mortis, where the Magical Item: Rods section is.

bestone

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Good lord no! Of course, my response is in a campaign that allows Divine Metamagic feats that use turning attempts as fuel. Nothing (okay, that's an overexaggeration!) could be more broken than allowing Divine metamagic to be used more often than it should! {And no ... I don't use nightsticks IMC}
Hah i see your point there, No we do include divine metamagic, but thats definetly not my purpouse (as i dont even have/plan on taking that feat. Yes we are playing a horror campaign, and i just want to maximise my turning amount

Thnx for info on nightsticks, i stupidly havent even looked in libris mortis yet...will do now

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads