• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Release the red dragon

the Jester

Legend
I wish I could help, but I liked that page a long time ago, and you can't double down. :(

Unless....

Unless I made an alt Facebook account!!

*runs off*

Derren

Hero
Interesting that it isn't immune to nonmagical weapons like the Sphinx. Nor do its attacks count as magical-
That makes the dragon a lot weaker than other legendary monsters with that property. Unless those are general dragon traits not displayed here.

Sigma77

First Post
Interesting that it isn't immune to nonmagical weapons like the Sphinx. Nor do its attacks count as magical-
That makes the dragon a lot weaker than other legendary monsters with that property. Unless those are general dragon traits not displayed here.

(teeters hand) You have to consider that a Sphinx is tied to a specific location with a specific goal/point/purpose in mind. A Dragon doesn't have such a restriction. Perhaps it's a minor point, but I feel it's worth at least pointing out.

Tormyr

Hero
It probably helps that it has almost 3 times the hp of the sphinx. Unless it is a no magic items campaign, everyone will have magic weapons at that point.

Curmudjinn

Explorer
(teeters hand) You have to consider that a Sphinx is tied to a specific location with a specific goal/point/purpose in mind. A Dragon doesn't have such a restriction. Perhaps it's a minor point, but I feel it's worth at least pointing out.

Good catch.

MarkB

Legend
Interesting that even an Adult dragon is already considered a Legendary encounter - makes it clear that they're never something to be messed with lightly.

I'm glad they retained the 4e-style recharge mechanics for breath weapons.

Having the Bite attack deal fire damage is a neat idea, and a nice alternative to Swallow attacks.

Remove ads