• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Released my first setting book. It was harder than I'd expected.

Zadmar

Explorer
I got into Savage Worlds in 2010, but I've always loved game design, so it wasn't long until I started creating my own content for it. Within a few months I was developing online tools to test the mechanics, and by March 2012 I'd released my first fan supplement. I churned out dozens of tools and PDFs over the next few years, but it wasn't until December 2015 that I decided to create an entire setting book.

It proved to be a lot of work, and things didn't quite work out the way I'd originally planned, but I feel I've learned a lot from the process. I blogged while I slogged, so perhaps my posts might be of interest to others.

Here's a more detailed overview of my background: About Me and Freelancing

Here's a series of 20 blog posts in which I documented my experiences: Designing your own Savage Worlds Setting

Here's a summary of the project: Setting Design: Post-Mortem and Lessons Learned

Here's the final product (it's free): Saga of the Goblin Horde

Last edited:

Remove ads