• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Relentless Avenger

A common habit of DMs that I've observed is to make all enemies fight to the death every battle no matter what the circumstances are, while in many cases it's actually more natural to have enemies retreat when they realize their chances of victory are not enough for them to justify staying to fight.

A lot of complaints about battles taking too long throughout editions is because of this particular habit imo.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Y'know, I didn't even notice that. :D
LOL I didn't either. I agree with you about the ability. It's not really useful as a chase ability, but more so to reposition yourself on the battlefield to maybe engage a different enemy, be closer to an ally that needs healing, or some other tactical advantage.

Hussar

Legend
LOL I didn't either. I agree with you about the ability. It's not really useful as a chase ability, but more so to reposition yourself on the battlefield to maybe engage a different enemy, be closer to an ally that needs healing, or some other tactical advantage.
It can also mix well with things like Great Weapon Fighter. If you can manage to whack something dead with your OA, take your move then get your cleave attack from GWF.

Again, though, it's pretty situational and it honestly has not come up for my 12 level paladin very often. As in once or twice that I remember. Heck, I forget about the bloody thing most of the time doesn't help.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads