Religions

NuclearWookiee

First Post
Quick question... I was perusing an old thread and ran across an unrelated note that I wanted clarification on. In your original description of Aryal you list Evil as one of his associated domains. Then a few posts down note that none of the 9 are actually evil. Is the Evil domain listed then since given the choice of 9 gods, none of which are necessarily evil, an evil person would easily be drawn to the god of war anyway? Or is there some alternate explanation?

The_Universe

First Post
NuclearWookiee said:
Quick question... I was perusing an old thread and ran across an unrelated note that I wanted clarification on. In your original description of Aryal you list Evil as one of his associated domains. Then a few posts down note that none of the 9 are actually evil. Is the Evil domain listed then since given the choice of 9 gods, none of which are necessarily evil, an evil person would easily be drawn to the god of war anyway? Or is there some alternate explanation?
It's either a simple typing error on my part (which is possible), an artifact from an earlier version of the backstory of the world, or exactly what you posit above.

Since I can't remember what, precisely, I intended when I wrote that, we'll stick with your assumption. Although none of the gods are directly associated with evil, evil people (or at least people who want access to the spells that the Evil Domain allow access to) are more likely to be drawn to Aryal than they are to some of the other gods.

Since I never finished detailing the rest of the pantheon, I can say (for example) that Borial, as a goddess of the night, also had some less-than savory domains in her portfolio. Still, like Aryal, she is generally considered to be good (or at least neutral).

Does that make sense?

NuclearWookiee

First Post
Yep! Makes sense. Just wanted to make sure, otherwise Alfonse would have felt like quite the ass...

"Wait... Aryal is evil? Well damn, guess his ultimate betrayal shouldn't have been so shocking."

The_Universe

First Post
NuclearWookiee said:
Yep! Makes sense. Just wanted to make sure, otherwise Alfonse would have felt like quite the ass...

"Wait... Aryal is evil? Well damn, guess his ultimate betrayal shouldn't have been so shocking."
No worries on that front. While the possibility exists that you've been following a less-than-exemplary deity, it's not due to your own stupidity. :)

Remove ads