• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember RAPPAN ATHUK? Own The Campaign Setting!

Another cool preview dropped into my inbox today. If you fondly remember Rappan Athuk and The Lost City of Barakus, you can get the campaign setting from Frog God Games - and it's available for D&D 5E, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry. It's a Kickstarter (already funded) with just 4 days to go, so you'll need to be quick, and it comprises multiple books - two hardcovers, and two softcovers, and assorted sundries. They've sent me along a preview of the campaign setting, which you can see below!

Another cool preview dropped into my inbox today. If you fondly remember Rappan Athuk and The Lost City of Barakus, you can get the campaign setting from Frog God Games - and it's available for D&D 5E, Pathfinder, and Swords & Wizardry. It's a Kickstarter (already funded) with just 4 days to go, so you'll need to be quick, and it comprises multiple books - two hardcovers, and two softcovers, and assorted sundries. They've sent me along a preview of the campaign setting, which you can see below!

"We’re incredibly excited to finally reveal the long-awaited region of the Borderland Provinces, one of the most important key locations in all of the Lost Lands campaign world. The Borderland area connects the legendary dungeons of Rappan Athuk to the award-winning Lost City of Barakus, and also to several other Necromancer Games books from the d20 era. Not only that, it also links up the long-awaited northwest route from these areas to the city of Bard’s Gate, and ultimately connects Bard’s Gate to the campaign area described in Cults of the Sundered Kingdoms and the Domain of Hawkmoon."

The physical book sets start in the $80-$80 range (for GMs and Player's sets); the most popular backing level is the $95 Complete GM Book Set (GM Book, Player's Guide, Player Gazetteer, and an adventure). It's quite a complicated Kickstarter, so you'll need to look it over carefully before selecting your reward(s). The Kickstarter is here (or click on one of the previews).

borderlands_preview_1.jpgborderlands_preview_2.jpg

This looks cool! The dungeon itself is one I think would be fun to convert to 5E on my own.

I wonder how my party will fare against 16 trolls and jug of alchemy.:lol:

silverhair2048

First Post
This looks cool! The dungeon itself is one I think would be fun to convert to 5E on my own.

I wonder how my party will fare against 16 trolls and jug of alchemy.:lol:

One of the interesting things about this KS is the plan to see whether there is sufficient interest in a 5E campaign setting to consider converting other FGG settings and modules to 5E. So the amount of people that buy the 5E Borderlands Province will directly affect how much of previous FGG material is converted.

AaronOfBarbaria

Adventurer
Their decision to solidify scraps of info into a cohesive campaign setting was made public just a touch too late - they missed the window of time in which my group was still deciding which setting to use as our default, and now we have too much of various sorts of investment into another setting to really consider getting in on this.

Kind of bums me out, but maybe I'll be able to find some space for it on my shelf after it officially releases. These folks do make some pretty solid products, afterall - I've been running a 5th edtion quick-conversion of the Swords & Wizardry version of Rappan Athuk for a few months now (after repeated failures to launch with both S&W and Pathfinder), and my players can't get enough of it. One of them even uttered the phrase "I kind of hope that he can't make it tonight either so we can play another session of Rappan Athuk" when talking about how one of our group for a different campaign wasn't going to make it that night and another hadn't confirmed one way or the other.

Shadow Demon

Explorer
I've been running a 5th edtion quick-conversion of the Swords & Wizardry version of Rappan Athuk for a few months now (after repeated failures to launch with both S&W and Pathfinder), and my players can't get enough of it. One of them even uttered the phrase "I kind of hope that he can't make it tonight either so we can play another session of Rappan Athuk" when talking about how one of our group for a different campaign wasn't going to make it that night and another hadn't confirmed one way or the other.

Let me second this as an excellent option for running Rappan Athuk with 5e. As a sandbox, it is much easier to make this work than you may think.

Remove ads

Remove ads