• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remember that Roman 20-sider?

Dr Awkward

First Post
Remember that ancient 20 sided die that went up for auction a year or so ago - the one that EVERYONE posted a link to for three or four weeks?

Sorry to post another, but I was wondering - is anyone making a reasonably priced replica of that die? I'm just thinking it would be cool to have.

And any other ancient replica dice you happen to know about, too.

Thanks in advance.

- Bill

Not that I'm aware of, but could everyone who does want one, be sure to start your own thread asking about it. That would be reminisent of the original thread(s).

Dr Awkward

First Post
Rats. Nobody knows? Not even Chessex or Zocchi or anyone? I was certain someone here would know...

I seem to remember seeing some D6s and maybe even a D8 in the original pics. It'd be cool to have replicas of those, too.

grodog

Hero
IIRC, someone mentioned in one those multitudes of threads that they had bought a replica of a similar die at a Museum Store shop, or a shop at a big city museum. I can't recall more details, though, sorry, Dr Awkward.

diaglo

Adventurer
grodog said:
IIRC, someone mentioned in one those multitudes of threads that they had bought a replica of a similar die at a Museum Store shop, or a shop at a big city museum. I can't recall more details, though, sorry, Dr Awkward.

Paris, France.... The Louvre.

yeah, i bid on that die... you had to bring it back up didn't ya...

diaglo "a sore l00zr" Temporado

Henrix

Explorer
Yeah, I'd like a replica of that as well.
Somebody did say they had bought a replica of one like that at the Louvre in Paris.

And it wasn't roman. It was egyptian, from the 2nd c. AD, if I recall correctly, with greek numerals/letters.

Henrix

Explorer
guedo79 said:
I'd love a glyph d20 like that one.

Not "glyphs", common greek letters (which had a double role as numerals) written in a fairly common style for the era (but not common today). :\
The first time these were mentioned all the time I spent a lot of time explaining this to people, so I might as well continue! ;)

Remove ads