• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Remnants of the Horde-Flight from Aruth

Mickerus

First Post
Sellanais immediately becomes slightly suspicious, but decides to say nothing, instead shooting Varn a fanged "I know exactly what you're talking about" smile (bluff check?). She then turns away and heads out of the clearing and back into the safety of cover, using her hat of disguise and armor to take on the appearance of an elven legionairre as she stalks away.

Capellan

Explorer
OoC: sorry for the delay in responding - I went on a short trip out of the country and forgot to post warnings in any of the games in which I play. My apologies.

IC:
Wekerak grins and lopes over to the remaining worg riders, kicking the goblins to their feet,

"You 'eard the Cap'n." he snarls with a wicked grin of filed-down teeth. "Get yer arses on those beasts and fan out ahead o' the line o' march. You two t' the left. You two t' the right. I'll take the front. I catch any o' you runts slackin' and I'll dice you faster 'n you can think."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
OoC:No problem Capellan

IC:
Formed into units resembling a modicum of Discipline, the remnants move out in groups as follows:

Captain Varn and Lorg,his Aide + Urfguk the Shaman.
9 Hobgoblin Squads +1 Corporal X5
2 Goblins Squads of 16 + 1 Hobgoblin Sgt.
1 Squad of 11 Orcs Irregulars +1 Hobgoblin Sgt.
4 Ogre Muragar led by Durgo, with Bargo as well.
Wekerak and 4 Worg Riders forward as scouts.
Valreck,Midnight Fang and Kurg may move with whomever they wish
OoC:Let me know if they are with a particular group.

Varn tells Wekerak to get his boys moving North by Northwest, as the group will try to beat the 12th to the Fens, altering their course as needed should they meet any Hostiles.

A Note of the Horde
Each Hobgoblin is armed with a falchion and a spiked steel shield.
As well, a light crossbow and several daggers round out their armaments. The Hobgoblins wear chain shirts, while the corporals and sgts wear breastplates.

The Orc Irregulars wear chain shirts and wield Great Axes, and mos have either a short sword or a hand axe as well. The Orcs carry several javalins each.

The Goblins wear leather armor, small steel shields and carry short swords,daggers and short bows.

The Muragar, as Elite Ogres, wear half-plate adorned with the Red Dragon symbol of Zuregath< as indeed do all of the shields of Zuregath's Army>.The Muragar carry enormous Mauls and greatswords are strapped upon their backs. each Muragar also carries seevral 'knives' for throwing, these equivalent to short swords.

The Worg Riders are armored in chain shirts, and each bears a small steel shield,short sword, short bow and a spear.

The Worg riders move out in front, Varn's group and the Hobgoblins Squads move out next, followed by the Muragar.
The Orcs are deployed to the left lank, 1 Goblin Squad to the right, while the last goblin squad forms a rearguard.

The Worg Riders are perhaps 20-50 yards ahead of the other groups, with the bulk of the forces seperated by 5-10 tards each.

OoC:I will post a longer entry in a few hours, I need to get at an annoying chore away from home.

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
1 is Wekerak and the Worg Riders, with Wekerak in the center.
2 is Captain Varn, his Aide, the Shaman, Valreck,Kurg and Midnight Fang
OoC: If you do not want your PC with this group, let me know where they are and I will edit
3 is Hobgoblin Squad 1
4 is Hobgoblin Squad 2
5 is Hobgoblin Squad 3
6 is Hobgoblin Squad 4
7 is the Muragar Ogres with Durgo and Bargo
8 is the Orcs
9 is Goblig Squad 1
10 is Goblin Squad 2

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Minutes after the Band sets off, the sound of screams and the baying of hounds can be heard behind you.
It would seem that the Elves have found your 'Tollkeeper' rearguard.
The sounds end all too quick, although you are sure that the volunteers took out at least a few of the accursed Elves.

twenty minutes of hard running later, the sounds of pursuit have receded, at least for now.
Ahead, where the forest opens up a bit, the Worg riders see a clearing. The Rider farthest right <in front of #5> stands in his saddle and yells 'Ambush!' as arrows fly from the woods thck as summer mosquitos.
That rider is taken down in a hail of arrows, along with his Worg.
The Leftmost Worg Rider and his mount also goes down, feathered by arrows.

All around you the Forest erupts with movement.
The Orcs snarl and charge something on the left, hurling javalins as they go. the Hobgoblin Squads <3 and 4> back towards Captain Varn's position,swords out.The other two Hobgoblin Squads ready their bows, moving back slightly towards the center.
The Goblins at the rear cry out as they are feathered with arrows, more than half of their number going down.
The attackers seem to be coming at you from the Northwest,West and South.

Bargo notices nothing, but Durgo hears something really BIG moving fast from behind you, and he can see that something large is coming through the forest from your rear.The sound of breaking saplings and the shifting of the canopy are the tell-tale signs that he recognizes.

Midnight fang has a full action on the suprise round, she sees camoflouge elves advancing at the Orcs to her flank, perhaps 60' away. She has line of sight, though the orcs are charging the Elves. There are at least 20 of them.

Valreck sees elves ahead of the band, hiding in cover, behind trees, boulders etc...There are at least a dozen, probably twice that number.

Wekerak knows that there are archers ahead, though he can't mae out their positions.

Kurg sees the Elves that Midnight fang saw as well.He has LoS to at least 1 or 2 if he wishes some spell.

Suprise Round:
Midnight Fang: Full Action
Kurg ,Durgo and Valreck : Partial Actions.
Neither Bargo nor Wekerak can yet see a foe, and are thus suprised by the situation.
The Ambushers have already acted on their suprise round.

Post Suprise actions, then I shall roll initiative and we can get the slaughter under way.

Jeremy

Explorer
Bargo pants, mouth open, as the remnants of the Horde pause to catch their breath. He begins to mutter a curse when he feels some kind of bee sting and sees Durgo perk up and look around. What Bargo do now?

Bargo rolls his eyes and spits on the ground waiting to see what he'll get punished for this time.

And then the carnage begins...

Set Harth

First Post
Valrack grabs ahold of his stolen Drow House Insignia once belonging to his former master and hisses a command word in the drowish tongue, summoning a shield of force between him and the hidden elves.

"We are surrounded Captain, if you wish to make a run for it I have a spell that may help us to break through."

Remove ads