Remnants of the Horde:Mount Zuregath

doghead

thotd
ferretguy said:
Forlash thinks back to the days spent waiting for his mother to actually realize he'd asked a question...(and was promptly beaten....)

OOC: doghead has a quiet chuckle. Nice image.

ferretguy said:
ooc: I've spoken to Uriel...I don't think he really wants to play anymore...but I'll talk to him again and see what he says...

ooc: It happens. The hardest thing, in my experience, is accepting that it has.

ferretguy

First Post
aye, tis true..although I really liked this character...

Who knows mayhap I'll be able to talk him into running it again, it just seems he has alot on his plate these days.

doghead

thotd
ooc: Oh well. Not a huge surprise really. Thanks for letting us know ferretguy.

Say Hi! to Uriel for me the next time you see him.

Cheers all. It was fun. See you around.

the head of the dog.

deadestdai

First Post
**Strippers will do that to you.**

And so the name of the Iron King Zuregath was forever lost in the annals of history.

the Muragar Captain 's brave quest ended as his not-so-merry band met with a particularly foul demise. The Goblin King, (In the guise of David Bowie from the movie, Labrynth) majicked them away to the very depths of the Bog of Eternal Stench, where if they were not killed outright by the horrible wiff, they were consumed and fully digested by the poop elementals living there.

The end.

Jeremy

Explorer
Bargo wakes up in the flea ridden heap of corpses he is accustomed to sleeping in with a bad hangover and terrible indigestion. He looks around at the ho-hum Zuregath encampment and shakes his head...

"Bargo dream weird... Bargo no eat dead goblins no more if they gots mushrooms growing on them..."

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
ferretguy said:
Forlash thinks back to the days spent waiting for his mother to actually realize he'd asked a question...(and was proptly beaten....)

ooc: I've spoken to Uriel...I don't think he really wants to play anymore...but I'll talk to him again and see what he says...

OoC: I said nothing like that, you Mangy Scott Git...
In fact...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Rumbling resounded throughout the Mountain, the creak of the machine stabilizing as it vented the excess heat built up after so many hours of neglect. Things were righting themselves, finally after so long at wrong.

In the Hallway outside of the machine Chamber, moments seemed frozen in time, but all was not as quiet as it appeared. Machinations were at work, things moving into play for a far Grander Scene, one that would shake the very foundation of Myrach.

The small Gnome quickly took the lead, instructing the goblin Scouts as to the correct passages, the proper route to the Chamber where Lord Zuregath might soon live again.
Falling in quickly, the band moved off, ogres loping along , smaller goblins and others trying to stay out from under foo. One goblin was not so lucky, finding the last moments of his pitiful life very,very painful as bargo stepped on him, crushing him utterly. A second goblin cackled loudly at the sight, right up until Durgo silenced him with a hamfist that broke his neck.
Letting some stupid Gob ruin all now would not be good. Durgo would not see Lord come back, would fail promise to Captain Varn, to iI] made to his Captain[/I], so many days ago, though it seemed like months, a year even. Durgo was tired.

His rare reverie was halted abruptly when a Goblin stopped short, hand raised warningly, right before an intersection. Something was up ahead in the darkness...

From the map and direction that the gnome gave, Wekerak estimated that the band was a mere fifty yards from their goal, 2 or 3 chambers tops. Dammit, why was that Scout stopping?

M'eli Itchi contemplated silently. Could she enact the Ritual that was required of her? these brutes would be very unforgiving if she failed...although she might be dead as a result of that failure, and beyond their reach...

Tsu'koka railed at the rate that some of these oafs travelled. things were finally moving, and then that little goblin stopped ahead. Moving forward, he was met with the impassable mountain that was Durgo. The Ogre was peering ahead, squinting into the darkness, with little success.

Bargo laffed as he squished the goblin, Stupid
Gobbie should move faster, sgould look where he goinf...Hur hur hur...
Even funnier when Durgo smash other gobbiie on the head. Durgo not so bad...Bargo still wuz gonna kill him some day,though. A boy had ta make his father rpoud,after all.
Everyone stopped...Bargo hated when that happened.

Forlash was wracked with sudden vision,s voices...no one voice.
A hated whisper, one that he hoped he would never hear again...his mother.
'Ahh...my Son. the term almost sounded affectionate, almost. 'You are close,Boy...close to Destiny. You will make sure that Zuregath lives again...or else you will face my Wrath, and you know how that can go, now don't you? When the Iron King lives again, gain an audience, and give him this...'

A small burning object appeared in Forlash's coat pocket, causing him to jump with pain and startlement. Quickly feeling that nothing was permanently damaged, the Hag-Born resumed his pace, a river of sweat now coursing down his face.

Ahead, the passage forked into a T, with a door at either end. The left one was where the correct passage lay.

OoC: the passage extends some 80 feet, being ten feet wide. It then splits at 90 degree angles, and would go another forty feet either way,ending in doors.

there is nothing visible ahead, though the goblin has gestured that he saw [I}something[/I]...

doghead

thotd
Tsu'koka, hobgoblin male Songspeaker.

Tsu'koka grins as the group begins to stir, then move off in the direction the little one indicated.

They stop again all too quickly. Tsu'koka slides past Durgo if it is at all possible and slips quietly up to the front. He leaves behind Blood if necessary. But he collects Wekerak along the way, suspecting that if anyone can spot trouble, the scout goblin can.

He should have been leading from the beginning.

Once (if) he makes it, he gives the scout room to slip to the corner and have a look. While he waits, he runs through the possibilities - some invisible lurker is at the top of his list, then perhaps a trap of some sort, perhaps magical. The former he can deal with with Glitterdust, the latter he may be able to undo with Dispel if he can work it out. Meanwhile he pulls a arrow from his quiver and nocks it. If it comes to fighting, he is better of provinding support, and insiration from down the tunnel leading away from the one they want to go.

ooc: * Move Silently +13 * Spellcraft +16
* +1 Short Comp Bow (S+1) +11 ranged (1d6+2, x3, 70 ft.)

Capellan

Explorer
Astride Frostbite, Wekerak calmly picks his way to the front, jaws bloody from gnawing a snack off the recently slain goblins.

Tucking a crudely-hacked haunch into his pack, the goblin sniffs the air appreciatively. There has been a lot of death here - enough to spark his appetite still further.

With a silent nod to Tsu'koka, he drifts forward, through the shadows, aiming for a better view of what lies ahead.

Remove ads