• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

renau1g's Red Hand of Doom - Beta

Voadam

Legend
Sir Conrad Cyr

Sascha coughs softly to get everyone's attention. M'lords, I know a bit about the Keep, I do. Lord Amery did found it, fighting the Twistusk giants if truth be told. But he was brought low when said big folk surprised them, killing them to a man. Tales say the lord himself cowered in his keep, but I cannot speak to the truth of such tails. The man smiles with wide hands as if leaving the truth of his words up to the hearer. As for the prisoner, well guvner, I believe he was hiding something. A minotaur, named Karilan, likely their leader. Whether at the keep or no, I cannot say.

"Why would you think . . . Do you have the touch, to see within certain thoughts even if they are not spoken aloud? A useful skill indeed. In any case, this Keep Vraath will indeed be a good place to begin. If it is populated by encamped hobgoblin soldiers there will be opportunities to learn more of their plans."

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As an FYI, Jerrand's cleric will be replaced shortly, I'd like him to come into the game in town, so I expect them to jump in this week
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"Why would you think . . . Do you have the touch, to see within certain thoughts even if they are not spoken aloud? A useful skill indeed. In any case, this Keep Vraath will indeed be a good place to begin. If it is populated by encamped hobgoblin soldiers there will be opportunities to learn more of their plans."
Sascha smiles and shrugs in a self-deprecating way. Just doing my job, guvnor. Best we get what provisions and maps we can before aheading out.

Arabesu

equipment purchases before we set out.

Sascha smiles and shrugs in a self-deprecating way. Just doing my job, guvnor. Best we get what provisions and maps we can before aheading out.

Upon hearing Sasha's comment, Yorgan, whom until now had been waiting in the shadows speaks up.

"Indead, we should definitely equip ourselves. Recall that each of you received 1540 gold crowns and 2 silver denari from the sale of the gear taken from these retched and loathsome beings. By my reckonings, each of us paid for one night in advance, a sum of 5 sp, before the noble Speaker proclaimed that our expenses were to be covered by the town. In addition, we are promised an additional reward of 500 crowns for completing this mission."

Yorgan pauses for a moment to allow these numbers to sink in, before continuing.

"Thus, I believe, with such a sudden and considerable amount of wealth, that we should be able to outfit ourselves rather splendidly. In particular we should obtain horse and saddle. For most of us, that should cost a mere eighty-five gold crowns unless you opt for something fancy. For those of us who are smaller, we might be able to find equipped ponies for thirty-five gold. I must admit that I am no better than the average man at judging the value of horse-flesh, but as a trained physiognomist, I may be able to determine if our hostler is intentionally 'ripping us off' as they say. Therefore, I take it upon myself to find us mounts. Please attend to your purses, pass over your coins, make your request for pony or horse, and on the morrow I will purchase our steeds." He holds out his hands expectantly.

"Is there any among you who wishes to accompany me shopping? Any who wish for a mount trained in the rudimentary skills of battle may wish to join us and make his own selection."

Walking Dad

First Post
"I will accompany you, Yorgan. Perhaps we will succeed in finding a mount that will accept me as it's rider. And if not, we could use one as packhorse untill I finish learning a certain spell, that will end it... the problem." Scavenger answers Yorgan

stonegod

Sascha hands over some money, and withdraws for the night.
[sblock=r1]Sohen's plan is to impersonate the mayor and try to have a word with the horseseller with a nice stilled suggestion that its in the towns best interest to give us the horses afree.[/sblock]

Voadam

Legend
"I can stride as fast as a riding horse encumbered by the full weight of a man. Do you all plan to buy stronger beasts that will move at their full speeds when bearing such loads?"

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=stonegod]
While the others are discussing the horses and various speeds, etc. you slip away quietly and after asking a townsperson, find that there is only one farrier/stablemaster in the town. You arrive at Delora's Livery Stable, a small building on the southern outskirts of town.

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
"And I can run all day without tiring, but I think some horses or other quick mode of transportation will be very useful!" Scavenger says to Conrad.

[sblock=ooc]

Stats:
AC=20 Touch=13 Flat-Footed=19

Fort:+1 Refl:+3 Will:+4

HP: 48/48 Dmg Red: 2/bludgeoning and magic

Spells Per Day (Save DC 13 + spell level):
1st - 6/6
2nd - 5/5[/sblock]

stonegod

[sblock=r1]
While the others are discussing the horses and various speeds, etc. you slip away quietly and after asking a townsperson, find that there is only one farrier/stablemaster in the town. You arrive at Delora's Livery Stable, a small building on the southern outskirts of town.
Sohen changes his appearance and magically clothing in a back alley, the ingratiating Sascha disappearing and the older Speaker Norro Winston in finer clothes appearing. With a glibness silently cast, the old man walks into the livery.

Ahoy! I need to arrange some horses!

OOC: Bluff is +43 with glibness, Disguise is +18. Plan is, once I get the livery's attention, to cast hypnotism and use my bluff/diplomacy/etc. to convince him that its in the town's best interest to give us the horses as cheeply as possible, free if feasible.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads