• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Rennaisance Faires

Kilmor

First Post
I've gone to a few in my time, but I've never dressed up.

After returning from one last weekend, I finally decided to get a costume.

Did I spend too much for the follwing costume ($82.99)?

cs75090.jpg

Costume includes: Lace-up shirt vest w/attached capelet & pants.

I'd also really like to add a belt w/ a pouch, and a quarterstaff. Anybody know where I can purchase such things?

Thanks, as always, for your input.

Gargoyle

Adventurer
Kilmor said:
I've gone to a few in my time, but I've never dressed up.

After returning from one last weekend, I finally decided to get a costume.

Did I spend too much for the follwing costume ($82.99)?

I'd also really like to add a belt w/ a pouch, and a quarterstaff. Anybody know where I can purchase such things?

Thanks, as always, for your input.

I don't know if you spent too much, but I like to find renaissance pieces at the following website: http://www.renstore.com/cgi-bin/renstore.storefront
They seem to have a pretty good selection of stuff and their prices seem pretty fair to me.

Have fun with it!

Last edited:

Shadowdancer

First Post
I would suggest you make your own quarterstaff.

As for belt and pouches, they have them at the renstore someone already linked to and at Museum Replicas: The link

This place also has some good pouches: Dreamshoes

But you will probably find a better selection of belts and pouches at the next renfest you go to.

Shadowdancer

First Post
Oh, as for your costume, I think you got a pretty good deal. Just make sure you wear the pants with high boots you can tuck the legs into. Those shoes the model is wearing are just wrong on so many levels. :D

Taloras

First Post
Hmmm....i dunno bout prices, as i could -probably- get a friends mom to make me an outfit if i really needed one. but it looks cool.

F5

Explorer
I try to get up to King Richard's Faire in Massachusattes at least once a year, and I've been to a bunch of other Ren Faires (some better, most worse). I'd say 80 bucks for an outfit isn't too bad...you can rent period clothes for a day for about half that. If you had bought it at the faire, though, you probably would have been charged double what you were.
And Shadowdancer is dead right about the shoes...they make the guy look like he's wearing a bad Wal-Mart haloween costume. Like a kid in a vinyl Pikachu with sneakers sticking out the bottom. Definitely invest in some good, long boots if you can afford to.

Remove ads