• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Repainting Miniatures question?

ThomasBJJ

First Post
update

The Pine Sol HAS INDEED removed the skin from my hand. Not all of it, mind you, but enough to look like the after effects of a really bad sunburn -minus the pain.

LOL

Lady Starhawk

First Post
Pine-Sol works wonders for me for removing paint from minis. I soak them straight from the bottle, I don't water it down. But the first time I soaked a mini I used a palstic cup, and it ate through the cup. I can imagine what it can do to your hands. I use a glass babyfood jar now and that works great :)

I use lots of water when I scrub the minis with an old toothbrush after soaking. I also used a moisturizing hand soap when I was scrubbing with the Pine-Sol too to maximize the cleaning and to help not get my hands eaten by the pine-sol.

I now use rubber gloves when I scrub my minis and that helps a lot.

Sorry about your hands, it's probably some kind of chemical burn. Maybe some aloe vera gel will help (like you use for a sunburn). But it's only a guess.

Lady Starhawk.

Remove ads