• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Repairing Broken Magic Items

sdt

First Post
Is there a way to repair broken magic items by the core rules? The SRD seems to indicate that they are destroyed once broken, however, I had the imporession that they could be repaired by paying 50% of the book price.

Can they be repaired or is the magic lost when they are broken? Is there an official rule on this?

Dross

Explorer
There is a rule that a broken magical item can be mended, but that the magic is destroyed when the item is broken.

I'm sure that it is in the DMG somewhere in the Magic Items section, but I don't have a page reference.

Dheran

First Post
hong said:
The repairing magic items rule is in the descriptions of each of the crafting feats.
This is true. It's also useful to note that the cost to remake an item is always half the original creation cost.
Craft Wondrous Item [Item Creation]
You can also mend a broken wondrous item if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the XP, half the raw materials, and half the time it would take to craft that item in the first place.

Craft Magic Arms And Armor [Item Creation]
You can also mend a broken magic weapon, suit of armor, or shield if it is one that you could make. Doing so costs half the XP, half the raw materials, and half the time it would take to craft that item in the first place.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads