• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Repairing/healing a construct

Oryan77

Adventurer
I'm using an NPC Modron from a Dragon Magazine and it says they are constructs.

If the Modron race is a construct, healing won't work on it even if it's made up of organic material also?

Other than the Craft Construct feat, & the Repair Damage Arcane spells from the SC, are there any other ways for a Modron to heal itself?

Pyrex

First Post
Any spell that grants Fast Healing temporarily (the Vigor spells) might work. (I can't remember if they only target Living Creatures or just Creatures in general)

Oryan77

Adventurer
Shellman said:
Dont have the magazine, but one question.

Are they living contructs? If so conjuration healing works but only heals half.
It says that base modrons are only constructs, but an exiled modron is a living construct. They even have a sidebar detailing the traits of a living construct.

So I guess conjuration healing still won't work on a normal modron (or a Rogue Modron).

Oryan77

Adventurer
Elethiomel said:
You can get oils with the Repair X Damage spells in; they cost the same as the equivalent Cure potions.
Do those appear in any official book? I know I can make it up but I've never heard of those before.

mvincent

Explorer
Oryan77 said:
Do those appear in any official book? I know I can make it up but I've never heard of those before.
The spell compendium has the spells repair critical damage, repair light damage, repair serious damage etc., and they seem suitable for the general potion guideline of:
"You can create a potion of any 3rd-level or lower spell that you know and that targets one or more creatures."

Note: athough the rules don't actually specify; potions are for spells that target creatures, while oils are for spells that target objects.

An interesting side effect of using oils is that non-spellcasting mooks could heal constructs on the battlefield (without hindering the construct by having to pour a potion down it's throat). There could be all sorts of creative uses for this.

Last edited:

Bob5th

First Post
Yay for Gnomes running around the battlefield with cans of WD-40.

You might also take a look at the EBCS book for the rules on using Craft skill to repair constructs. 8 Hours work for result -15 hp repaired I think.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Bob5th said:
Yay for Gnomes running around the battlefield with cans of WD-40.

You might also take a look at the EBCS book for the rules on using Craft skill to repair constructs. 8 Hours work for result -15 hp repaired I think.
Are you referring to the Eberron Campaign Setting book? I don't own any Eberron books. Can someone give me more details on how this would work?

That's something I was looking for. I thought it would be cool for the Modron to be able to use his Craft skill to repair himself. They don't sleep so he could be repairing himself while the party rests.

Bob5th

First Post
Well by RAW it only works on Warforged but you could ask your DM for it to apply to any construct.

Eberron Campaign Setting said:
Repair Warforged: A character with ranks in certain
Craft skills can attempt to repair a warforged character who
has taken damage. A check requires 8 hours and restores a
number of hit points equal to the Craft check result –15. A
character can take 10 on this check but can’t take 20. Other
constructs can’t be repaired in this way (but a character
with the Craft Construct feat can repair such a construct,
as described on page 303 of the Monster Manual).
Applicable Craft skills include armorsmithing, blacksmithing,
gemcutting, and sculpting. A warforged with an
applicable Craft skill can repair itself.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads