D&D 5E Request for Character Sheet PDF edit?

Jojozityjo

First Post
Hiii, I'm Jojo, I'm new, and I'm not sure entirely where to put this as I couldn't seem to find a section for requests in this forum. But uh, here goes, if I'm in the wrong place, mods feel free to move the thread i guess? ^^;;

Anywhoo. I've been, deeply scouring the net for a character sheet pdf that i can download and use for my D&D 5e games on my pc, laptop, etc. Form fillable, etc. And I found one, that, is so near perfect, and I thought I could find one that was similar, but with the edits I desire. I cant see to find one.

So I'm wondering, if any of you wonderful people could help me out? Perhaps someone who can afford a good pdf editor or isnt a total pdf dimwit like I am and can't figure out how to make any free pdf editors work for me in anyway. Someone who could make the minor edits I desire for a character sheet and upload it for me, and anyone else interested in its desire.

The pdf i saw that was near perfect, was Dragons Lair's character sheet...
http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1102

That thing, is gorgeous. Totally gorgeous. And yes i saw madbeards version of it too but it makes it look so ... idk .. fake? all the buttons and such that show up everywhere, makes it look, sorry to say, ugly if i ever want to print it out and try it as pen and paper.

The edits I would desire. The text fields in many of the .. boxes? I would like the multiple lines of text boxes that are very limiting on typing space removed and replaced with one big text box for the whole section that is auto-scaling so you can essentially type forever in the box and the text will scale to fit.
ideal sections to do this for ...
Armor, Shields, Protections
Advantages, Resistances, Immunities
Proficiencies
Languages
Race & Class Features
Feats
Character Datas
Notes
Gems and Jewelry
Valuables
Mount

anywhere else just, make the lines auto-scale text too if possible, just to make sure everything is smooth as can be imagined.

Also removing it's habbit of, somehow, skipping to the next page if you scroll too close it then BAM! it just jumps to the next page suddenly on you. That would be amazing.
If not too much, an extra page as well, of a few boxes, maybe 6 to 9, probably unnamed so those 6-9 boxes can be used to put, whatever you may need or think of for each use and reuse, like extra notes, perhaps campaign records to keep notes of what the DM tells you, etc etc. Just some extra blank boxes, similar to notes but maybe bigger, for additional stuff that you might come across by surprise and, hey, the extra box for typing came in handy. Mind you this last part isnt completely desired, but if some awesome soul can put that in too, bless you, so much.

Again, I'm sorry if im stepping out of bounds, sorry for typing so much too, i tend to ramble and try to over explain things, sorry.
Though if anyone can help, or do this for me, it would be deeply appreciated! :O

Last edited:

akr71

Hero
I would contact [MENTION=6747428]zelgadis[/MENTION] since that is who uploaded the character sheet.

However, I would agree, it is a very good looking character sheet. Extremely functional and looks easy to use.

Jojozityjo

First Post
i cant contact yet on this site, plus, i thought that was a lost cause since their last activity seems to be almost a year ago, and the last edits done to their pdf they uploaded was over 4 years ago D:
Seemed like someone who moved on or vanished or such. Which sucks to see such great work be abandoned, hope it's not, but it certainly seems to be. Hence why im making a post to ask around for help or if maybe someone could take up the mantle or such :eek:

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

I would love to do it but my trial of Acrobat DC expired. I made my own, more functional for my group and less "pretty" lol, and now I can't even edit that one. Sigh...

Jojozityjo

First Post
i like the pretty, i cant help it XD
tis why i really want this to work, that pdf is beautiful, and with lots of convenient info places, it's just very text restricted compared to other pdfs that have auto-scaling for text spots lol

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

I like the layout but it is set to non-US paper size and has to be adjusted to 95% for 11" length paper here. :(

The tab order is also out-of-whack in a lot of place.

It doesn't auto-calculate anything (mine calculates encumbrance, for instance) and I was working on adding script to automatically adding proficient skill totals.

So, yeah I wish I still had Acrobat DC available to finish mine. I could even borrow the pretty elements of this one. :)

akr71

Hero
I have Acrobat DC at work & I tried to edit it. Unfortunately the author has it password protected and I am unable to edit it.

W

WhosDaDungeonMaster

I wouldn't edit it, I would use it as a template and rebuild it with the additional features people have discussed in the thread. But, alas, I don't have Acrobat DC. I am looking into alternatives, though.

Remove ads