• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Request For Help With Diety Info For Town Generator

towngen

First Post
Gamers,

Attached is the prototype of a file that I plan to use for my town generator program.

Being rather unfamiliar with FRCS, I would like someone who is familiar with the pantheon it uses to help fill out the necessary information. I would also like some more input on the standard pantheon from the PhB. Obviously, not every person in the world who is LE worships Hextor, even though according to the PhB, Hextor is the only LE god. Likewise, who does a LG Half-orc worship?

Also, other pantheons will be supported also, but you will have to type those in yourself. You can edit this file in notepad, since it's just a standard text file. Just add another section name, cut and paste the standard set, and start replacing god names and frequencies.

I don't know if I will be able to release this file with the generator or not. I am still waiting for WotC to reply to my questions about copyright and trademark issues. Even if I cannot release this file with my generator, you can always edit whatever file I am allowed to release to support whatever pantheon you wish.

The FRCS section is just a cut and paste of the standard one. I know all the god are different, but I don't have the time/energy to type all that crap in.

Each combination of alignment and race needs to have the breakdown of what gods are likely to be worshiped. The program will need to know, if I have 10 CN Halflings in the city, what is the breakdown of the dieties they worship. If it is 9 God X, and 1 God Y, then the appropriate line would be:

CN=Halfling,God X,V,God Y,R

If they all worshiped one 1 god, then it would need to be:

CN=Halfling,God X,V

Or if they worshiped 3 gods with equal frequency, then something like this would be appropriate:

CN=Halfling,MammaGod,C,DaddyGod,C,BabyGod,C

If there is only 1 god, or if all the gods have the same frequency, then it doesn't matter what frequency you put. So the following 2 lines would be equivalent:

CN=Halfling,GodXYZ,R
CN=Halfling,GodXYZ,V

Also, there are more directions/limitations included at the top of the file.

Thanks for any input you can provide. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Walter

Attachments

• diety info.txt
    4.2 KB · Views: 165

Remove ads