Request: OT forum?

Would you like an Off-Topic forum here at ENW?

• Yes, it's a good idea.

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • No, it's not a good idea.

Votes: 21 77.8%

Psionicist

Explorer
Hi there!

I've figured out it would be a very good idea for an Off-Topic forum here at EN World. This is due several reasons:

1) The General RPG Disc. forum will be a general RPG forum.
2) There will be one particular forum to gather all non-RPG topics in.
3) Sometimes I want to discuss non-RPG things with the members on THIS message board. I often read things as "there are other boards where you can talk about this", but what are the odds I will get to talk about these things with the ENW board members? I've found out the members here are far nicer and smarter than on other boards, therefor It's natural I'd like to talk with them. Also I know the people here :)

I do not think it's a good idea to combine the unofficial OT forum with general RPG disc. Then lots of important RPG threads will dissappear in the OT threads...

What about a small test period of one month or so, to see if it would work?

(Just for the fun of it, I polled it)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Wow. You've gotten four votes... I don't think this is doing too well, Psionicist... maybe it's b/c you forgot to make "lemon curry" one of the options in your poll?...

Claude Raines

First Post
I think a separate off-topic forum is not really necessary. I don't find them (ot posts) taking over the General RPG forum, and the creation of a new forum would just make things more difficult for the moderators as people will want to push the bounds of what can be discussed and the tone of discussions.

Terraism

Explorer
Have to side with popular opinion here Psionicist - I agree that there really isn't a point to having an OT forum... the posts aren't that big a deal when they're in General, after all, and I really think that one of the forums would end up going empty, like so many do already...

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Terraism said:
... and I really think that one of the forums would end up going empty, like so many do already...
Probably General Discussion - if the Mods are able - and willing - to muster the effort to move all the OT threads to that new board. :p

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Heh. It's currently 2 for, 11 against. :)

But it's irrelevant. There isn't going to be an OT forum here; Morrus has stated that he is interested in running a RPG/D&D board, not an OT board, and I don't believe that's going to change. I agree with his opinion, myself.

So a reminder: please try to avoid OT posts as much as you can, and use your best judgement!

A2Z

Explorer
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I really don't think the OT threads are a problem. Certainly not enough of one to warrent a whole new forum for them. I think it would be far more trouble than it's worth.

Remove ads