• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Research about table top RPG

Rechan

Adventurer
You do know that soliciting a dedicated RPG forum online is likely going to skew your results, right? ENWorlders (and most people who frequent online forums about RPGs) are more likely a more hardcore gamers than your average gamer. So you may have some external validity problems.

That's assuming this is for something beyond curiosity or a class project.

Sorry, I'm a grad student in the social sciences - research procedure is half of our education. :)

Duorin III

First Post
Hi Rencha,

You are right and I know that this comunity is solely based on d20 system. I know the skew I'll have to deal with.

But thanks! Your insight is very helpfull in remind me about that.
:D

I think you might want to cut the age categories into groups of five year increments. I am thirty five, which put me in the 26-35 range, but because i am at the tail end my gaming habits and experiences are probably a lot closer to people in the next category than folks in their twenties.

Imperialus

Explorer
I think you might want to cut the age categories into groups of five year increments. I am thirty five, which put me in the 26-35 range, but because i am at the tail end my gaming habits and experiences are probably a lot closer to people in the next category than folks in their twenties.

I'd agree. A more accurate measure might be to ask what year a person started gaming in. 74, 81, 90, 99, 05. That would give you a pretty good idea of what edition they started with. Or better yet, just ask what edition of D&D they began with.

Whitebox
Holmes
"Redbox" (either Metzer or Molovay)
AD&D 1st edition
AD&D 2nd edition
D&D 3rd edition
D&D 4th edition.

Duorin III

First Post
This is something really hard to balance. I put a lot of thought on that, and its quite hard to achieve good options. I create that based on spaces of 10 years of experience. Maybe 35 its closer to the 40's group but if you think about, its not that far from the 20's.

But thank you very much guys, you're giving me a lot to think about.
:D

Duorin III

First Post
Hi,

I already got 150 people who took their times to fill the form!
Now I will close this survey to analayse the data.

Thanks a bunch people!! You are awesome!!
:)

Jif T94

First Post
You are right and I know that this comunity is solely based on d20 system. I know the skew I'll have to deal with.

This is a general RPG Community, I joined not only because of the posts about DnD/Pathfinder but also because there's a large WoD presence on here as well as (i'm assuming) many, many other rule systems (like Savage Worlds or Star Wars)

Remove ads