• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resources for The Sword Coast, Waterdeep, etc...

Plaguedguy

First Post
I want to run a pre-spellplague campaign in the Sword Coast/Waterdeep region but I'd like a little more information to help flesh out the area and improve my own knowledge of the setting. If anyone has suggestions for specific books or websites or any other helpful resources, it'd be much appreciated.

I'm not too picky in regards to edition. Ideally I'd like to cover as much of the area as possible (Neverwinter, Luskan, Waterdeep, the surrounding locales and so forth.)

Thanks ahead of time.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
There was a free web enhancement for 3.5E's City of Splendours: Waterdeep. It covered a lot of the surrounding lands.

I'm not sure how practical a suggestion this is for you but issues 69 to 73 of Dungeon contained the Mere of Dead Men series (the forerunner of the subsequent adventure paths): that's something I would definitely run if I was going to do a campaign set in the area you're planning to run your game in (I've actually just finished reading issue 73 about five minutes ago!).

The free downloads on the Wizards site still have things like 2E's The North and Volo's Guide to Waterdeep. They're both worth grabbing. Frankly, coupled with the web enhancement I mentioned you don't need much more.

If you're looking for a more comprehensive list of products just post again and I'll go through my bookshelf.

Plaguedguy

First Post
These were all of great help. Thanks everyone.

@DerbulBaskul: I actually had planned to run a mini-campaign around the Mere of Dead Men and its two black dragon occupants. So I'll keep an eye out for those Dungeon issues.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
These were all of great help. Thanks everyone.

@DerbulBaskul: I actually had planned to run a mini-campaign around the Mere of Dead Men and its two black dragon occupants. So I'll keep an eye out for those Dungeon issues.

Cool.

Obviously I can't post anything that's illegal but if you want me to give you quick summaries just let me know.

Remove ads