(responce to Ogre Cave interview) NO Monte don't stop PDFs!

It's a big "crunchy" book (although I've never liked that term). I would never put a hard cover on a bok that wasn't going to (in my opinion/hope) get a lot of use.

There are way too many hardcovers coming out, in my estimation, but that's about all I'm going to say on that.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Monte At Home said:
It's a big "crunchy" book (although I've never liked that term). I would never put a hard cover on a bok that wasn't going to (in my opinion/hope) get a lot of use.

The master of the cruel tease strikes again!

Graf

Explorer
Re: Whoa, guys!

Monte At Home said:
Nobody once said I was going to stop doing pdfs. I'd be crazy to do that. Sales are fabulous and (as I have said here and elsewhere) I believe that there is an exclusive market for each format (my sales figures indicate that one type of sale does not cannibalize the other to any great extent).

I'm glad this is the case. The cannibalization arguement, whether applied to roleplaying books or to music, has never made sense to me. When I get something I like I usually wind up going out and buying tangetially related books.

Monte At Home said:

The feedback I got from Banewarrens is that it is just too big to be a pdf--too big to print out, specifically. This product is almost twice as big.

Though I struggled with it a bit at the begining the Banewarrens is turning into my best purchase of the year. I printed it out, stuffed a springloaded binder and wrote all over it. When I need to remember a rule (always forget that large creatures get reach) or a monster change to match the setting or character does something I just jot a note right on the page. Its a huge help.

Also good if there are clairifications about things later: Like the posion in room twenty in the second area creating at 10 ft cloud if its broken or that Detect Thoughts can't pierce the etherial plane.

Monte At Home said:

Maybe we'll work something out so that parts of this new product are available as multiple pdfs or something. I don't know. We'll work something out, though (I know that there are plenty of you without access to a game store or who really prefer pdfs).

That would be quite swell.

Last edited:

Remove ads