• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ressurection: Limit of Level...or Limit of 5?

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I've read it very carefully. I wouldn't call a 50% chance a small one. There is a good risk of death for the cleric, if the subject has been raised many times. Mathematically it is correct to say that there isn't a definite upper bound, but in practice, you'll see that cleric players will be very leery of raising a character that has died many times.

CapNorge

Explorer
As its been mentioned, this is a wonderful, limiting means of introducing the dangers of epic adventuring to your players. And the discussion of why icons may not even want to use their resources, or personal ability, to use Resurrection is spot on.

jasper

Rotten DM
Instead tying to caster, why not bring back Resurrection Survival \ system shock roll?

edit never mind, was thinking about different system.

Paraxis

Explorer
I would rather it be something like a DC 20 Con check to see if it works if it doesn't then sorry no resurrection spell will ever work. Your friends might be able to quest into another plane of existence and extract you out though.

Modify DC of check and add bonus based on level or wisdom of cleric casting the spell to come to a nice number for your campaign.

This way no book keeping as to how often you have used it or had it used on you. No insane kings forcing high level clerics in mass to bring his daughter back for for 50th time.

Remove ads