• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Resurrecting old RPG favorites.

ProtoClone

First Post
I am sure a lot of you have seen old RPGs fall to the wayside and die off...even though you may still play them. But if you could, what ones would you like to see brought back? Would you like to see it re-envisioned or just kept as is with new material? What system do you feel would fit it better or should it be kept the same?

The_Gneech

Explorer
I'd like to see the HERO System given a heavy-duty streamlining. Why the heck does something simple like changing a character's size category need half a page of powers? Sheesh! Let's get back to the days when the Champions book could be a 100-page softcover and still do just about anything you might need.

I'd like to see a new edition of Call of Cthulhu that moved back to legible fonts and evocative pen-and-ink artwork -- preferably reinforcing the '20s setting.

And of course, I want to see a Saga Edition style D&D. :p

Other than that, nothing really comes to mind. Most older RPGs didn't exactly have great rules IMO, and settings can easily be exported.

-The Gneech :cool:

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
I'd like to see the HERO System given a heavy-duty streamlining. Why the heck does something simple like changing a character's size category need half a page of powers? Sheesh! Let's get back to the days when the Champions book could be a 100-page softcover and still do just about anything you might need.

Ditto!

I'd love to see Star Frontiers.

sjmiller

Explorer
I would like to see DragonQuest brought back. First I would like to see it in the original form, then possibly added to and upgraded. I am not sure what I would want to see upgraded in it, but I am sure, given some exposure to it that people would see some things that could be improved or added to it.

Clavis

First Post
I'd love to see the D&D Rules Cyclopedia still in print. It remains the most complete (and IMHO most fun) version of D&D ever released. I know retro-clones exist, but I'd still wish that we had the ability to buy "classic" D&D under that name. And I'd like to see it released "as is", without any updates or alterations.

Last edited:

Remove ads