Pathfinder 1E Retraining and Bonus Feats

Allistar1801

Explorer
Probably a stupid question, but our party wizard is planning on retraining, but we're not sure what happens to her bonus feats. Does she get to keep scribe scroll?

My inclination is that she would lose them, because those bonus feats are part of the class, but I can't find anything about what happens to these bonus feats.

Philip Benz

A Dragontooth Grognard
Not enough information to help. PF1 or PF2? The wizard is retraining her class???

Assuming this is for PF1, all your answers are here. The short answer is yes, everything derived from her class is lost and replaced with the new class features. I didn't think you could retrain your first level, but a quick scan detects no such prohibition. <shrug>

Frankly, any reasonable DM would allow a player to redesign a first-level character they are unhappy with after a session or two, without having to resort to retraining rules.

CapnZapp

Legend
Just a note:

The OP did supply the "PF" prefix. The prefix options are "PF", "SF" and "PF2", so "PF" clearly stands for Pathfinder 1. (There wouldn't be much of a point to a "generic Pathfinder" prefix given how utterly different the two editions are)

Remove ads