• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return of the Slavelords, Part 2 - "Bright City, Dark Hearts"

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Making sure the barmaid is within earshot, "Indeed, Norbac you where bold and brilliant out there and the way you got all the information out of the prisioner was most impressive." With a grin he turns to Braggi, "You could be right, gettting back to the tower while the army is away might be a good strategy. I would certainly like to have a look around in there." He glances at the food, "I'm starving, this looks quite good."

Karl Green

First Post
More food and drink arrives and Keera blushes here and there when she is around Norbac... and the innkeeper gives Norbac some hard stares.

Mayor Golless shakes his head “Not good news at all. Well we an’t much of a city here, only hundred souls counting noncombatants, the old and kids. The best wizard we have in these here part an’t much more then a dabbler. But we do have carrier pigeons, to the Rangers base to the south of here. They maybe able to contact the Bright Tower faster and mayhaps can send help themselves. I don’t really have the people to spare, but we will call in call woodcutters and herbalist and keep them here for a few days at least.

As for the names, they don’t mean nothing to me, except maybe for Ironfist… weren’t there that loner lived out on the north glen by a that name? I don’t remember his a first name, and I an’t heard nothing from him for 10 some years now…

One of the woodsman nods his head, and drawing his pipe out of his mouth he says “Aye, lived up on the Weed Rocks, ‘bout two days march I reckon. An’t hear hide ner hair of him for a good number of years. Was always a queer sort, never talking much to strangers and only come’ a town every moon or so fer supplies. I think his home still be up there. A pretty nice log-cabin iffin’ I remember. But the Weed Rocks is a queer place and the trees there an’t no good fer lumber and the herbalist get better pickings to the south.

There is then much discussion among the different warriors and woodsmen at the table about what kind of defense they can put up, incase the Orcish army turns this way.

Keera then stops by with some extra mead for Norbac and asks in a rather shy voice “Sos, you be a on yer way tomorrow I suppose? I sure would love to hear some of the stories that ye must have of yer travels. All I have ever know is this town and the tavern when Uncle Grundersson took me in when I but a babe left at the gates I heard…

Blue_Genie

First Post
Nadaria bet Meslahan, Bakluna Mnk/Clr

Nadaria seems to waken from a trance she has been in for the past few days, clearing the cobwebs from her mind. "Perhaps it might be wise to see what there is to be seen at Weed Rocks? It might give us more clues as to exactly who we are facing here? That is, if we think that the Bright tower can be warned in time."

Someone

Adventurer
Karl Green said:
Keera then stops by with some extra mead for Norbac and asks in a rather shy voice “Sos, you be a on yer way tomorrow I suppose? I sure would love to hear some of the stories that ye must have of yer travels. All I have ever know is this town and the tavern when Uncle Grundersson took me in when I but a babe left at the gates I heard…

"Yes, I´ll have to leave tomorrow again. Any tales about bravery would sound false if I skip the fight against the wizard´s army, the blood of many claim before Trithereon, asking for vengeance and protection for those they loved in life. I can´t ignore them - or you. There a great danger, and I have what I can, I don´t trust the soldiers at Bright Tower to protect this place."

"You´ll see. Trithereon will help me to return safe and victorious."

Karl Green

First Post
Three Oak, The Brick and Briar Inn, night

Someone said:
"Yes, I´ll have to leave tomorrow again. Any tales about bravery would sound false if I skip the fight against the wizard´s army, the blood of many claim before Trithereon, asking for vengeance and protection for those they loved in life. I can´t ignore them - or you. There a great danger, and I have what I can, I don´t trust the soldiers at Bright Tower to protect this place."

"You´ll see. Trithereon will help me to return safe and victorious."

Keenra smiles sweetly at the half-orc priest and says "I know not of this Trithereon, he must be a powerful and goodly god if ye follow him. I... I do hope that you live... and that maybe one day... ye come this way again"

About then the Innkeeper growls "Lass we have some other patrons." but Norbac can tell the growl is more of appearance then anything else. Giggling she is off and the dwarf looks at Norbac for a few extra seconds and then goes back to talking with the Mayor and others about their plans for defense etc.

Later he seems to appear next to Norbac at of no where when no one else is really within earshot and says "Lad... ah ...I will ask ye to treat the lass with only the most respect. She don't get to see to many of her... kin... in these parts, and I be the only family she has ever had. I would not be... happy to see her hurt by a passing adventurer who charms her one night and then never returned iffin' ye take my meaning..."

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac points at his face: "So you think I a playboy?" says with a grin. "Yes I´m of the wandering type, but I don´t find women that can look at me without retching, so what you saying goes both ways. Don´t worry, I say you."

"And by the gods, let her be free. I bet she not made of glass, and taking your own decisions is good for the soul."

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"I agree with Nadaria that a side trip to Weed Rocks might be in order. Does it lay in the direction of the Bright Tower or away from it?" Verrick continues to eat heartily and watch the interaction between Norbac and the barmaid with interest.

Slippshade

First Post
Braggi Grundersson (Dwarf Fighter)

"Well, if we can guarantee that word will get to Bright Tower in time, I say we make for Weed Rocks and then back to the wizard's tower."

Karl Green

First Post
Three Oaks, The Brick and Briar Inn, night

Grundersson raises his hands nods his head “Ye lad, she is free... just a… uncles concern is all. Treat her well and she will do right by ya is all I will add

The woodsman who spoke of the Weed Rock shakes his head “Nay, the cabin be to the north, while the road to the tower will takes ya southeast. So it’a be four days outs of yer way to sidetrack up there

(occ it is still 4 days before the Orcs are going to start marching towards Bright Tower, but then you would only get there (to the Bright Tower) six or seven days before the Orcs would /occ)

Mayor Golless shrugs his shoulder “I can guarantee nothing I afraid. I can try, and send most of the pigeons, to improve our chances that one gets through, but occasionally all of the ones we send don’t make. I can say that the chances are good that a message will get to the Rangers and that the Druids that they are allied with can get a message to the Tower before ye would but not by much.

Someone

Adventurer
After clarifying things with Grunderson, Norbac comes back to reality. "The most important thing to make sure news arrive at the tower and they believe them - I don´t think they´ll mobilize an army for just a bird with a note. First we have to find the rangers. Then we pay a visit to the wizards tower, we can find something useful there. And finally we go to Bright tower."

Remove ads