• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to Keep on the Borderlands: IC

WarShrike

First Post
Risse "Weasel" Burrower, Halfling Ranger

Risse sighs wearilly. "Could you specify the "reward" we get for recovering the relic? I hate risking my hide with no clear idea why."

mfrench

First Post
Fairchilde continues impatiently: "I understand that you have questions and concerns, but every moment spent here is a moment they gain on you."

"If you want a description of them, ask the caravan master. I imagine that they will be the only two thieves fleeing through the forest carrying the Helm of Anselmo. It is in a rather plain wooden crate. I imagine that they are armed with short blades, as the rest of the guards are. They were unable or unwilling to attempt to get their horses, so they are on foot. The acolytes were struck from behind, but remain alive; they were not stabbed."

"The helm is venerated, as Anselmo was a prophet and holy man; he was martyred, and it is the only relic still to his name. It may have mystical properties, but if so I am unaware of them. It has been in a temple in Loftwick for many years."

"A reward? Fine, I'll offer a reward: I shall pay to you the fees remaining that the caravan master was to receive for safely delivering us to the Keep. If you bring in the two rascals alive for justice, I shall double it. Will that suffice?"

OOC: Danello doesn't seem very pious; perhaps he is nervous that you will not return at all, and thus his employer will be angry with him.

Max

First Post
Kronk had long ago decided that being a forester like his Pa (or at least the man who raised him claimed to be his Pa) was not for him. It was good to be away from people, but chopping down trees day after day got boring in a hurry. Pa had died after getting clawed by a bear last year, when Kronk wasn't around. So, when he heard about some foreigner needing some men, Kronk turned his back on the small cabin that had been his home, he dug out Pa's old chain shirt from back when he was a soldier, grabbed his ax and set out.

As he entered the building, he just about ran over a scrawny man who wasn't watching where he was going. Lucky for him he moved since he was in Kronk's way.

Kronk finds himself somewhat overwhelmed by Ferronti, mumbling his way through the interview. Although he doesn't speak up much, Ferronti seemed to think that someone of his strength would be useful. As for the fee, well, Kronk hasn't ever seen 50 gold pieces before, much less all at one time. The thought that he'd get ANOTHER 50 gold ... well he wasn't sure what to say. So, he just grunted, "Gimme it."

Outside he pauses to admire his new wealth, when the disagreement at the wagon breaks out. After listening for a bit, he decides the thieves should be punished. "I say we go. Stealing from the church, that's not right."

Redclaw

First Post
Perrin nods his agreement, figuring there is little more to get in the way of information. It wasn't exactly the work of criminal masterminds, eh? I'm for finding them, although I won't be much help following their trail. Can you be of help with that? he asks Veir, a look of doubt on his face.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Veir shrugs and pulls on his ears. He looks down and sees that Slash has vanished. His eyes go wide and he pushes people aside looking for his companion. He disappears behind the wagon and emerges from underneath it....... the badger pulling him by his beard. He wrestles the creature off and tosses it into the air, catching it carefully and gently. He points to the badger and nods at Perrin.

WarShrike

First Post
Risse pipes up. "I'm a tracker as well. If these clods haven't masked their trails, i can find em as easily as i can find you. Standing right next to me." She smiles at Perrin.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Veir grabs his badger and thumps it on the nose, making several sniffing sounds. The rap on the nose by Veir results in a bloody finger as the badger returns the unwarranted pain. Veir tosses Slash back on the ground, kicking dirt at him.

Max

First Post
WarShrike said:
Risse pipes up. "I'm a tracker as well. If these clods haven't masked their trails, i can find em as easily as i can find you. Standing right next to me." She smiles at Perrin.

"Well start tracking, then. Them thieves is gettin farther away while we stand here," says Kronk, hefting his ax on his shoulder, ready to hit the trail.

WarShrike

First Post
mfrench said:
I imagine that they are armed with short blades, as the rest of the guards are.

"Am i to understand that the thieves were members of the caravan's guards?"
[SBLOCK=mfrench]If the answer is yes, she will question the caravan leader about the thieves, such as their appearance, where they are from, where they were hired, if they were buddies with any other guards, and how much they were paid to protect the caravan.[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads