Return to the Barrier Peaks

Doh, is that the adventure behind Barrier Peaks? I'd mistakenly associated a different adventure with that name. I loved that sci-fi'ish romp, great way to totaly throw-off a group of unsuspecting PC's. And with the original being so old there's still a chance you can catch people either having forgotten thier last treck through it, or havn't never even heard of it before.

I think I'm in the "I'll get it too!" category. I'm trying to work myself up to doing 'DM needs a holiday' short-run adventures for my regular group, I think this would be great fun. Hope it comes out soonish.

Hatchling Dragon

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Wasn't there an article in Dragon a while back (I can't recall if it was around the beginning of 3E or the end of 2E) that had a companion article for RttBP, even though the adventure never materialized? It was an article of new monsters, called something like "Creatures of the Barrier Peaks" or something like that.

Olive

Explorer
Alzrius said:
Wasn't there an article in Dragon a while back (I can't recall if it was around the beginning of 3E or the end of 2E) that had a companion article for RttBP, even though the adventure never materialized? It was an article of new monsters, called something like "Creatures of the Barrier Peaks" or something like that.

that sounds familiar, but i'm not sure whether it was sci fi stuff, or just greyhawk monsters...

NiTessine

Explorer
The monsters in Dragon were the kind of creatures you get when magical environment reacts with a spaceship's leaking reactor core... You get some funky-looking monsters, lemme tell ya. It was issue 280, if anyone's interested.

Remove ads