• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to the Temple. ( Group 2 )

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Not liking the look of the direction things are headed, Danvick gets up and moves towards the door, trying to get a better handle on the situation. He hopes to stop an impending brawl before it starts.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
TwistedMindInc said:
"You drunken bastard, let go of me!"

Kanjo motions for Delkat to come over to him, and opens the door. Pardon me, can I be of any assistance? I heard a commotion and thought I could help. Kanjo stands in the doorway, not wanting to have them see Delkat coming over.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
As Kanjo jumps to the door, Gareth grins and winks at Maridosen. "That's current enough fer me, love. Keep the change. And the beer."

He rises and spins to face the door, one hand on his axe.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
Kanjo shoves the door open and begins to talk to..well, no one.. as there isn't anyone directly in front of the entrance. Cocking his head a bit, he can however, see that two individuals seem to be quarreling within the adjacent alley. Kanjo recognizes the larger of the two, who just happens to be in plate, the drunk from the Welcome Wench. He currently has a hold of another man by the fronts of his cloak, causing the protesting man to stand upon tip-toe. "We've crossed paths one too many times, Chatrilon! I think you'd be wise to get out of town.. tonight." The large man is slurring through his gritted teeth, but it's obvious he means business. Delkat, turning towards his comrade at the door, hears the gnome mumble something about pesky visitors getting in the way of everything. The shady pint-sized humanoid stops his bee-line for the exit, when he realizes that Kanjo is blocking his way. Danvick starts for the door, arriving just before the gnome.. and any other party members. He does his best to try and peer over Kanjo's shoulder. Gareth sees the gnome make his way for the door, but hesitates when everyone else heads that way too.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kanjo turns to see if Delkat has come over to the door, upon seeing his arrival, he walks through the door and heads toward the opposite side of the buildiing from the armored man. He will go into the alley if it is clear of people, and see if there is any way onto the top of the building.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Danvick muscles his way out the door and into the alley. Unhand him! he demands, standing tall with a calm, strangely passive look upon his face, whatever your disagreement with this man, it is not proper to settle it in an alleyway. I fear you have had too much to drink, friend, and it may be clouding your judgment. Just what is it this Chatrilon has done that has so offended you? Perhaps I can mediate an agreeable compromise that doesn't end with one of you booting the other out of town. I doubt you have the authority to do such a thing anyway, as I would find it peculiar for the Law of this town to carry out sentencing behind an inn. If you have a legitimate grievance against him, it should be brought before the proper authorities. I shall not allow you to molest him further.

TwistedMindInc

First Post
The man doesn't loosen his grasp, but his attention wavers to Danvick. Now that he's turned slightly to face you, his holy symbol of Heironeous branded into his chest plate is visible. "Clearly you are not siding with this .. idiot?!" It's obvious that the paladin not only has had too much to drink, but is on the brink of an angry outburst. He shakes Chatrilon a bit as he speaks, "This.. fool has everyone thinking that he is good ole Chatrilon, good neighbor and friend. But he is not! He'll rob you blind and stab you in the back!" Chatrilon grunts at the hostile actions of the paladin, and begins to struggle. Somehow - someway, he wiggles just so and frees himself of the hulking man's hands.. landing hard on the ground. He is all ready up on his feet and backing away from the situation, his hands up defensively. "I don't know why this honorable man lies. I would never do such a thing."

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am not siding with him any more than I am siding with you, good sir, Danvick says to the paladin, but unless I am mistaken you are not an officer of the law, nor are you a judge. If this man has crimes to answer for, he should be brought before the proper authorities to answer for them. A back alley way is not the proper method of dispensing justice.

Danvick will try to intimidate the paladin to make him compliant.

Intimidate 10 Great...

Last edited:

Remove ads