D&D 5E Return to The Temple of Elemental Evil - (full, at the moment)

hero4hire

Explorer
Welcome hero4hire - you can make a rogue as well as having Shayuri play one, but I think two should be the most as I wouldn't want a party of rogues to sneak attack the boss monster and kill it in the surprise round with sneak attack dmg (haha)
If Shayuri does want the Rogue over Paladin I can easily go another way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

EarlyBird

Explorer
We are still in the concept stage everyone as a group should together discuss what role you wish to take. And since I know you all have more characters out there try and roll with something you haven't played in a while. Characters can always be retired if they aren't working out the way you had thought they would, but let's wait to think about that when we need to. Right now we need:

- A tank (looks like Emmyr at the moment)
- A support tank
- A healer
- A ranged combatant
- A AoE caster (sleep to start, fireball at lvl 5)
- A scout/rogue
- A pretty face or quick tongue
- A brain to make a few skill checks when needed

That is not set in stone but we should be looking at these and of course you can over lap double up and such. Heck Emmyr can try and pick a lock if he wishes.

EarlyBird

Explorer
hero4hire:

you two can discuss it - maybe you are friends of a sort in game I also have no problem with two rogues as they could go in different archtype directions

River Song:

Then welcome aboard (officially) and a halfling ladies man as the groups face sounds super fun to play.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'm thinking maybe a blue dragonborn fighter. Never really liked dragonborn, so I want to see if I can change my opinion of them. And I haven't done a 5e fighter yet, so... Any issues with that?

-IG

Shayuri

First Post
Not to far of a stretch as you might have just been hired muscle not an acolyte. Somewhere during a raid or torturing of a prisoner (you later freed) your character has a vision/dream from St. Cuthbert. Escaping the temple and journeying to Hommlet could be your pilgrimage (the long road) and the church in Hommlet would be where you gain your stats as a Templar of the Cudgel.

5th Edition paladins aren't always shining bastions of all that's pure and noble either. A Vengeance Paladin could have come from the Temple...

Might be interesting to have a tiefling paladin of vengeance, in fact.

Though tieflings bonuses aren't ideal for a paladin, they aren't the worst...and conceptually it's kind of cool.

Dragonborn could be good too, or genasi. They tie in rather well to the setting.

Oh. Genasi. There's a thought. Must check up on them.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
Barebones concept. Orphan from the City of Greyhawk. He grew up a street urchin and became a ratcatcher. He was "saved" by an advenuring priest of St Cuthbert and taken abroad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using EN World mobile app

River Song

Explorer
With my bard I am planning on focusing on Deception, Persuasion and Insight skills.

Spells will probably have a heavy enchantment focus.

Not sure what background I will take, maybe Charlatan: it seems to fit the idea.

Either;

a. A half-elven seductress: picturing Margaery Tyrell from Game of Thrones, not street corner hussy. :)
b. Quick talking halfling conman

I like both ideas and I am sitting on the fence about it at the moment. So, I will think about it for a bit today and make a firm decision.

EarlyBird

Explorer
Ok here is what I have in the first post:

- KahlessNestor: Emmyr Anvilforge, dwarven fighter
- Steve Gorak: undecided (cleric or druid possibly)
- Binder Fred: ???, ??? warlock
- industrygothica unknown for now
- Shayuri: ???,??? (rouge or paladin)
- Charwoman Gene: ???, half-elf(high) wizard
- hero4hire: ???, human rogue
- River Song: ???, human or halfling bard

A large group to be sure but it is good the bases are all covered, and/or double covered. I will let everyone discuss what it is they wish to bring to the group using KahlessNestor's caster as the base of the discussion. I will help as I can with ideals and iformation on background/history and locations.

As my first act in this role I have decided that Emmyr should be from the Anvilforge family of the Durton Clan of Mountain dwarves living in the Lortmil Mts. Also KahlessNestor please keep what actually happened to your cousin vague as Emmry doesn't like to talk about it. Actually probably none of the other characters may know he is in exile to start. I already am thinking up a side quest for the character background.

Remove ads