D&D 5E Return to The Temple of Elemental Evil - (full, at the moment)

EarlyBird

Explorer
I also have all the characters saved to Notepad in my ToEE folder. One of the reasons I want everyone to wait on the level 3 build is there is so much coming out in Xanathar's book. @River Song did you see this?

[video=youtube;Xz2CA3FK6wA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz2CA3FK6wA[/video]

Last edited:

EarlyBird

Explorer
To my first PBP group,

So here is something about pbp I find very different from real life games I have DM'ed. And that is the players helping with story flow.

I see everyone in a few of these games waiting for me to narrate just about everything, not picking up the story to help it along. In real life it is usually made up NPCs or conditions, descriptions of things that I say are just lying there.

I am thinking in this environment it is hard to step in because it may take a day or two for a response from the DM to confirm/alter an such post. In a RL you get that back and forth talk till everything is worked out and it takes no time, maybe I should just get use to this, but I would like for you all to help drive the story, please do not wait on me.

Always feel free to add extra descriptions to an area to spice up a post. Add in an NPC or name someone I haven't - write a whole dialog between a first meeting and I will roll with it. This we become few and far between when you are in a 4 level dungeon going room to room, but please feel free to jump in while we aren't there yet.

To me RPGs are a cooperative story telling experience, and I love a good story.

Your Trusting DM.
EarlyBird

industrygothica

Adventurer
I like stories. Stories are good. I'm still having a bit of trouble finding Hexiros's voice, if you will, but when it comes to me I'm sure he'll be more talkative.

-IG

EarlyBird

Explorer
Still a lot of story to go, just want to let you all know you have a free reign, a most excellent job with the ettercap hut, that is what I was driving at btw.

Remove ads