• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Return to the tomb of horrors.

Meatpuppet

Explorer
Hi everyone,

Feeling a bit nostalgic, I went down in my basement and reopened my old 1e/2e box. I realised there was a couple of classic modules in there I had never played (as a Dm of course :)).

Does anyone know where I could find a good 3e conversion of "Return to the tomb of of horrors", "Castle Amber" and "The hidden shrine of Tamoachan"?

Thanks in advance

the Jester

Legend
Hi everyone,

Feeling a bit nostalgic, I went down in my basement and reopened my old 1e/2e box. I realised there was a couple of classic modules in there I had never played (as a Dm of course :)).

Does anyone know where I could find a good 3e conversion of "Return to the tomb of of horrors", "Castle Amber" and "The hidden shrine of Tamoachan"?

Thanks in advance

I ran RttToH in 3.5, and it was GREAT! Many of the creatures were converted, but at wildly differing levels. I used the stuff in the Epic Level HB as my baseline and homebrewed a ton of stuff after that. Of course, I was also running this in my regular campaign, where the party was edging into epic levels at the start of it all. It was ruthless, excellent fun- and the pcs actually triumphed in the end! Amazing, but true... If you're interested, I have it written up as a story hour starting about post 154 of this thread.

the Jester

Legend
Oh, and some homebrewed stuff starting midway down here. Lots of evil stuff in there, all right...

Again, my campaign was about 16th-19th level at the very beginning of all this, so by the time they were good and into the Tomb itself, the highest level pcs were 20th. So all this stuff is pretty high level. :)

Meatpuppet

Explorer
Thanks for the links Jester:)

Again, my campaign was about 16th-19th level at the very beginning of all this, so by the time they were good and into the Tomb itself, the highest level pcs were 20th. So all this stuff is pretty high level. :)

And I thought this module would be OK for a group of three 14th level characters :erm:

Somewhere on my harddrive I have a 3e conversion of RttToH... PM me if you're interested.

Also, the Tomb itself was officially converted by WotC in one of their online articles... lessee... here it is.

Meatpuppet

Explorer
Somewhere on my harddrive I have a 3e conversion of RttToH... PM me if you're interested.

Also, the Tomb itself was officially converted by WotC in one of their online articles... lessee... here it is.

Thanks Joshua, I just sent a PM.

I was aware of the 3.5 update of the Tomb but i didn't have the time to play it, now its a different story :]

'im also looking for any conversions of "Castle Amber", "The hidden shrine of Tamoachan" and the mother of all modules: "Queen of the spiders"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads